Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Small dilemma!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been in a relationship for almost 2 years and 6 months now on friday! But for the last few weeks I have had some doubts about the relationship :( That is I am not sure if I am in love with her anymore. Now she is abroad for a week on vacation and I don't miss her nothing, not the least bit. Last time we were apart for that kind of time I missed her a lot, didn't feel whole without her. But now I'm doubting my love for her.:eek:

Any advice? anything would be helpful :) Thanks one comepletely stumped :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    i really shouldnt' be helping considering i know absoutly nothing about relationships, i can fuck up anything, but i would say 'take a break' if you're not quite sure then spend some time apart, hang out with some different people, but make sure that if you both want eachother back, you can have eachother.
    but best thing to do is to talk to her about how you feel i guess.
  • Options
    Sounds like you have just grown apart from your girlf?

But I agree with my_name, if you dont want to end it then take a break, it may make you realise that you would actually miss her if you didnt have her around at all. :confused:
  • Options
    Thank you Faith and My_name :)

I'm talking to her tonight! Will probably suggest we take a small brake and see how I/we feel about that and after that. Then well see how it progresses from there :)
  • Options
    I wouldnt suggest a brake.. jsut sit down and think.. what would life be like without her.. go through your everyday things that you would do together. and if you think u would miss her dont dump her.. If you still have no feelings for her dmp her and move on..
  • Options
    Id wait till she gets back from Vaction before chating mate.

I think it's hard to relisise what you would miss about someone, I think you need to experiance it!

I'd ask to take a break, relax with friends, meet new people, go new places! Then see how things feel.

Make sure you explain that you wanna take a break in the nicest possible way though!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *hellie*
    She's back, this morning! I'll meet her again tonight and then we'll have a talk and see what we want to do! If she doesn't want a short break then I am afraid I will have to end it... But what happens remains to be seen!

A friend of mine told me about something which she does think matters! How comfotable we are about showing affection in public, hugs, kisses and that sort of things. She and her boyfriend don't mind showing, but when I start thinking about it I have been a bit reluctant... oh well... I still got a couple of hours of thinking to do ...

Oi! Stop being me! :eek2: :p
  • Options
    ehh what happend!! bugger, well everyone it was I Mort who sent the one *hellie*'s supposed to have sent!
  • Options
    I talked to her! Could have gone worse but a few tears fell and so.
    A good point though, we will be friends no matter :)
    So now I'm gonna take some days and think about it!
    thanks for the advice you all :)