Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Every night..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello there my fellow friends.

Basically, not really a big issue but new boyfriend of whom I have to add firstly is gorgeous in every way has started expecting me to see him every night. I'm not selfish and I like him loads but I feel like sometimes I need my own space to chill out alone. I'm not used to seeing someone everyday in previous relationships - every other night maybe but I've only known him a month and I feel like we live together already!

I don't want to hurt him by telling him not to come round as he is real special but I'm a very independant girl and I feel smothered.

Last week I made excuses one night and the next day he kind of grilled me about not wanting to see him! I was like 'whoa calm it honey!'

What's a girl in such demand to do? ;)

Comments

• Options
    Tell the guy that sorry, you actually do have a life beyond him!

Yeesh I hate men like that!:mad:
  • Options
    Poor gal!

Your just gonna have to tell him straight that your not use to having someone around soooooo much and you need time to adjust. Make sure you tell him thats it's not coz you don't like him or anything you just need a little space man!!;)
  • Options
    Why has he started expecting to see you every night? Seems a bit strange to suddenly get that heavy.

Mine knew from the start if I saw him twice a week he was lucky! ;) I mostly see him once a week. I'm not sure what I'd do if he started wanting to see me every night. First I'd wonder why he didn't want to see his mates/ didn't have anything else to do. Then I'd tell him I was busy and carry on seeing him when it suited me, i.e. once or twice a week. Maybe try that?
  • Options
    Cheers guys.

*switches her phone off for the night* ;)
  • Options
    Why has he started expecting to see you every night? Seems a bit strange to suddenly get that heavy.

Because I'm a gorgeous girly with lots to offer *chuckles*

I don't know maybe because I have my own place and he doesn't?
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyRed
    Tell the guy that sorry, you actually do have a life beyond him!

Yeesh I hate men like that!:mad:

Yeh I hate girls like that too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheMistress

Because I'm a gorgeous girly with lots to offer *chuckles*

I don't know maybe because I have my own place and he doesn't?
    Hmm dunno, me and my boyfriend are in that situation too, as in the me having my own place and him not.

I'm seeing him Friday too though so that's twice in one week!
  • Options
    Does this guy have much of a history? Maybe he's been with someone else who wanted him to see her every night and has got it into his head that all girls are like that and he stands a good chance of losing you if he doesn't? Another theory would be that maybe he's insecure for another reason and therefore feels a need to be with you all the time. Do you goto the same college as him? 'Cause I used to know a couple that went to different colleges and for that reason the guy felt thet had to see one another every night. Whatever the reason, talking to him is only going to help, because it might bring to light stuff akin to what I've mentioned above enabling you to reassure him a little and maybe let him see that he's smothering you. Whatever you say to him the least he can do's respect you for wanting to sort this out so you want to spend your time with him as opposed to being pushed into it. Anyhow I hope it all works out for yous. :)
  • Options
    College! *cracks up*

No I work and so does he. Last night he actually said he wasn't coming round which was cool. I had a break which was nice..
  • Options
    College! *cracks up*

Aw, don't be mean. he was only trying to help & did actually make sense.

Am glad you had a break from the man :D
  • Options
    No I work and so does he. Last night he actually said he wasn't coming round which was cool. I had a break which was nice..
    So are you seeing him tonight then Mistress? Have you mentioned to him that you want to cut down?
  • Options
    Originally posted by barbie

So are you seeing him tonight then Mistress? Have you mentioned to him that you want to cut down?

Teehee. You make him sound like a packet of fags :lol:
  • Options
    College! *cracks up*

Sorry, I should've looked at your profile before I posted but I couldn't be arsed to open another IE window and check (and you can't from the Reply To page).
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyRed

Teehee. You make him sound like a packet of fags :lol:
    :eek: :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Well ladies. He phoned me today and asked if he could take me for a cosy little meal tonight.

All I can say is, I'm never one to turn down food, and the way to my heart is definately through my stomach :yes:

I really feel like I miss him today which is cool, because we didn't see each other last night so the excitement is back.

I think I may mention this to him tonight and see his views on the situation.
  • Options
    Ahhhhhh thats good to hear!!!
    Have a nice time and I hope things work out alright for you! :D
  • Options
    Awwww good :)

Glad you're happier with the situation, and I'm sure he has good reason to want to spend so much time with you. :)
  • Options
    A woman that would turn down sex every night :eek: ;):p
  • Options
    When I start dating I usually let it be known from the start that I have a busy agenda. There is always going to be things in my life that require my attention besides my significant other.
  • Options
    Originally posted by viridis
    When I start dating I usually let it be known from the start that I have a busy agenda. There is always going to be things in my life that require my attention besides my significant other.
    :eek: Are you me in disguise?! I think its a bad idea to drop all your mates and see your boyfriend every night. I simply wouldn't have time to see mine more than once or twice a week, even if I wanted to. Other things are important to me as well. Like seeing my mates. :D
  • Options
    Hehe. I now have it sussed. I said to him in the nicest possible way that wouldn't it be good if we didn't see each other every night because we would so miss each other loads and I'd be all over him like a rash to prove how much I'd missed him.

*giggles*

He took me for dinner last night and now we are seeing each other Saturday..

Sorted :D
  • Options
    Yea well if he is that possiissive after a small amount of time no matter how good lookin he is dont be with him, i mean grilling you coz you said that you didnt want to see him :rolleyes: youd be betta off without im, it could get a whole lot worse than that yea he is to controlling.. and i think insecure