Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What happens when the trust has gone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Due to a number of things my boyfriend has lied about to me i no longer trust him, has anyone else gone through a bad spell in their relationship which has led to not trusting your partner any more and have you got through it and how did you get through it?

Comments

• Options
    Id say it really depends on what he's done & if you feel deep down that he won't do it again.
    Only you know if you will ever trust again.

I have lost partial trust and i have regained it but it was only really my pride that was hurt.
    So i would say it depends.
  • Options
    Its pointless not trusting someone. If they are gonna shit on you theres nothing you can do. So when it happens move on and find someone/something better. If they don't shit on you or you never find out then happy days.

How old are you both anyway?
  • Options
    Re: What happens when the trust has gone?
    Originally posted by *smudge*
    has anyone else gone through a bad spell in their relationship which has led to not trusting your partner any more and have you got through it and how did you get through it?
    We didn't. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Re: What happens when the trust has gone?
    Originally posted by *smudge*
    Due to a number of things my boyfriend has lied about to me i no longer trust him, has anyone else gone through a bad spell in their relationship which has led to not trusting your partner any more and have you got through it and how did you get through it?

I've been there, and it's horrible. If you don't trust your boyf then you're always upset wondering what he's up to etc etc. Me & my boyf split up cos I couldn't trust him anymore and didnt see much point in having a relationship without trust. We have got back together now, and it is working cos he is making the biggest effort to show me that I can actually trust him. It will be quite a while before I can trust him 100% though. Try talking to him about it, he might realise what he has lost by lying to you??
  • Options
    I was actually going to post a similar thread to this today, because me and my b/f have the same problem. I don't trust him a) not to leave me (again) and b) not to feck around.

I'm not usually a suspicious person, but this guy I do not trust. I love him, but I don't trust him. :(

I know our relationship won't work out, but it's v.frustrating because he's like my best friend. I know because I don't trust him, and I doubt I ever will that we'll soon break up, and i'll probably ultimately be happier for it.

I always errupt into arguments with him about *other women*, and it really grinds. I don't know if he's faithful or not, or what his intentions are with me...::sigh::

How depressing. Right must do some work;
  • Options
    we're both 17 and have been going out for 7months but for the last 2 or 3 months he's been lieing to me a lot about girls in general, hes really wierd and secretive about them. He's telling me that he's being honest now but i can't believe him about past lies that he's telling the truth about them...also if any of you have read the sex forum recently u'll know that he's been wanking over my friends and he told me last night that it was also over girls he'd just pass in the street and thought were fit. This has made things even worse cos i dont trust him to not be constantly looking at other girls now :( i still love him, you cant have a good relationship without trust i know but i find it really hard to let go and just make a clean break, we always get back together again then break up 2days later its its just hurting me even more than the initial hurt of him lieing or whatever in the first place.
  • Options
    I have been left to not really trust my boyfriend! He split up with me 3 weeks ago and said he wouldnt hurt me again or wouldnt break my heart last night he said to me that he was bored with me and was fed up.

I cant think straight my dad is fuming and even if we did return to the way we were dad hates him :(

All because i trusted him. :(

After the trust first goes ithink its best to get out before you get hurt over and over again!