Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Think of the children

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the web site http://www.thinkofthechildren.co.uk/index.shtml
was requested to be removed by the Met. police, after they had complaits on the grounds of taste and decency.

They asked for it to be removed on the grounds that it may intice violence...

It duly was...but now its back.

Full(er) story can be found here : http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/27341.html

and here
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/27281.html

have a look at the site yourself, and tell me if you think that ANYBODY could EVER take this seriously?

I mean, under the heading of "things we want" they have "We want the law changed to make it illegal to murder children and bury them in woodland."

Really... Any-one that takes that seriously will have real trouble with bi-pedal movement, so i'd say they pose a minimal threat.

Any-one disagree?

Comments

• Options
    It's a bit like the Brass Eye special on paedophiles... many who found it so offensive did so because the programme was designed to do so.

In both cases it's the mob mentality, the knee jerk reactions and the general hysteria that is being parodied, not the act of murdering a child.

No doubt the Mail and Sun will run a two page spread calling it 'sick' in no time...
  • Options
    Is having things around that actually make us think, instead of just finding reasons to support knee-jerk reations really a bad thing?

Do you think the web site should be forcibly removed is the issue of this debate....
  • Options
    No, of course I don't think it should be closed.
  • Options
    ROFL at the start a mob page :lol::lol:
  • Options
    That is hilarious.... :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Have to agree with Balddog and Toadborg; the site is hilarious.

Closed? Definitely not.
  • Options
    However, if you are planning to include an element of arson in your mob event, be sure to keep matches away from children

Important piece of safety advice that...

and I loved this
    Upcoming events
    Soham Mob
    Event: Maxine Carr Trial
    Date: TBC
    Type: Taunting
    Details:

Please come along to what promises to be an enjoyable afternoon's taunting. Children welcome. Our thanks to the Daily Express and Manchester United Plc for supporting this event.

Portsmouth Mob
    Event: 3rd Annual Name-and-shame-athon
    Date: 22nd October 2002
    Type: Ousting

Details:

A spate of random acts of violence against local paediatricians and that man who hangs around in the park, you know, the one with the coat. Free placards for under-10s when accompanied by a furious adult.

Inner London Mob
    Event: The 'Not From The Home Counties' Protest
    Date: 26th November 2002
    Type: Protest

Details:

Protest march to demand justice for murdered children from troubled backgrounds who weren't 'happy' or 'popular' and didn't do particularly well at school. (Cancelled due to lack of support).

Classic site...
  • Options
    This was a classic dig.
    There is nothing worse than breaking through a cordon only to realise that there is nothing you can actually do to stop a speeding police van. If in doubt: throw bricks.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Yeah, I nearly put that up too, but seeing as I had used alot I was getting to the point where I was going to quote the whole damned thing...

It is very funny..
  • Options
    I saw that site when someone posted it here a while ago, and I thought it was hilarious. I find it a bit stupid when people take such things seriously.
  • Options
    Its staying up!!
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/27379.html

I would like to call this another fine victory for the freedom of speech... but i don't think it was nearly an epic enough struggle....

Damn police, careing about peoples rights... Bah!
  • Options
    i followed your link to think of the children.. but i didnt see the topic... maybe youcan give me an alternative address..
  • Options
    Am I sick for finding that very very funny?
  • Options
    Apparently so.

Worrying isn't it?

More worrying that the ploice think it may intice violence... How stupid do they think we are?
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    Am I sick for finding that very very funny?

Not nearly as sick as the people who don't.