Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sex and Society

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I mean, really. You see all these sitcoms on TV about how sex is great, and sex is personified by the likes of Britney Spears and other stupid fucking supposedly sexy popstars. But you always think, "Oh, that's just TV"

But that’s what real life is like. I’m 15 and sex is rampant around here. Just among the stupid though, but then most people I know are stupid. They go on like, two dates, fool around, bang, and that's it, no love, just a bit of overrated pleasure. And it is just cheap thrills. Like, 15 minutes of fun and then you get the after effects like the break up, the misery, the kids talking in school, and the possible pregnancy. People who have experienced the pain try to warn them, but then kids are just so fucking stupid. They think this is life, and that this is it. You score and boom, you have achieved some sort of nirvana that will never really exist.

And the flimsy relationships they have are so fucking stupid. No one loves each other any more. The only reason most kids date is for the sake of saying "slut A is my girlfriend" and "she throttled my joystick.… ahaha". These type of fucking morons deserve to be shot.

Kid's I live with are so frivolous. They always want more, judging by how much you have and how "Cool" you are.

But the worst is people who try to classify people. "Oh, he is a punk." "Oh, he is a jock"

And all these other stupid fucking brain dead ignorant cretinous morons who are always saying "I just wanna be different, I wanna be myself, I’m a goth” or “I’m a punk - I’m unique". Well they are worse. They are no better than the rest. They are just conforming to different standards.

Someone once said to me "Wow, you have been getting in trouble a lot. I guess you are a punk now..." I almost wanted to tell him to shut the fuck up. I don’t follow any standards and don’t want to be told what I am by someone who barely knows me.

Even though I don't like the establishment, I don't want to be a punk. Though I can like metal I don't want to be a metalhead. Even though I can like dark things I don't want to be a goth.

I want to wear my clothes, the good old cheap jeans and white tee shirt. I want to think what I want to think, and God damnit I am going act with respect for others and try to bring as little angst or suffering into this world as possible, and I am gonna try to not live a material life full of desire.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    By the way, I have posted this in another forum before, but today it has become increasingly relevant to me, and today I’ve been supporting a dear 14 year old friend of mine who fears she my might be pregnant with her 18 year old “boyfriend”, who from what I've seen has hardly been treating her that well.

She just doesn't deserve this but I don't know how to help her :(
    *is guilty of probably all that* :o

Yeah i know what you mean. Most lads i know see sex as a physical release and the girls see it as another step up the social ladder. No amount of hurt puts them off doing it again. They continuously fuck each other up all for the sake of 15 mins (although in not most cases :p) of fun. Sad innit.

Its the same with me. I wanna dress and look how i want without old dears thinking im gonna mug them and people giving me dirty looks. People judge me and reckon im some kind of troublemaker when really im lovely :)

As for your mate all you can do is be there for her :)
    Lol, some girl’s brag about how many boys they shagged like it something good! :confused: :eek: :eek:

I blame this spice-girl girl power shit (not sure why, it just something to blame:p ) girls trying to be like lads or something:confused:

I hate sheep syndrome, I can understand the need to fit in and be accepted but some people just go to far. Glad my mates and me dress how we please and can’t be classed into groups!

As for sex I’v been and done my silly one nightstands and all that. I want something more now, stability and trust, something I can make last and build on.
    humph, some people's children...
    It's a shame we don't have more people like you around Shukes. I understand and agree completely with what you're saying. Today's society is obsessed with instant gratification brought on by our 24 hour society.

It's difficult to see an end to it really, because stupidity breeds stupidity and so the 12 year old mothers of today will bring up kids with even looser morals than they have. My plan: leave this country as soon as I can.
    Originally posted by The Philosopher
    My plan: leave this country as soon as I can.

Or Plan B

Make all the young girls were Chastity belt and leave the key to someone trustworthy and honest and respectable, Hmmm someone much like myself! :D:p
    Originally posted by Harmless

Or Plan B

Make all the young girls wear Chastity belts and leave the key to someone trustworthy and honest and respectable, Hmmm someone much like myself! :D:p

Sure you could cope? :no:
    Originally posted by LacyMay2k

Sure you could cope? :no:

No you are right, I couldn't handle it on my own.... Maybe you could help?;) or I would give up my duties and let someone else who is up to the job take it!
    Originally posted by The Philosopher
    It's a shame we don't have more people like you around Shukes. I understand and agree completely with what you're saying. Today's society is obsessed with instant gratification brought on by our 24 hour society.

God, I really do get worried when people start thinking I'm sensible, or, god forbid, that my opinions actualy count... :eek2:
    Meh, teenagers today, same as in my day. Think they invented teen angst. :rolleyes:

I would give up my duties and let someone else who is up to the job take it!

:yes:

:yes:

Well okay sweetheart, because it’s you!

Is your box empty yet?

Well okay sweetheart, because it’s you!

Is your box empty yet?

Yes it has been for months....oh you mean that box yeah for about the last 20 mins!;) :p:D
    Will you two ever stop hijacking peoples threads with idle sex talk and flirting? :lol:

Not that I mind or anything...
    Originally posted by Shukes
    Will you two ever stop hijacking peoples threads with idle sex talk and flirting? :lol:

We got nothing else to do :p

Well yes we do get little carried away, I blame Emma for being too sexy!

Anyhow I'll try and tame it a bit!:)

Yes it has been for months

Lol, naughty girl! Let’s keep it that way tho:p

Well yes we do get little carried away, I blame Emma for being too sexy!
    Anyhow I'll try and tame it a bit!:)
    Lol, naughty girl! Let’s keep it that way tho:p

I can get sexier ;):naughty:

I can get sexier ;):naughty:

Oh do behave:p

YES, YES, get Naughtier! ;);)

Oh do behave:p

YES, YES, get Naughtier! ;);)

I cant me fingers are stuck...:p
    Hmmm. This is getting repulsive now. :p

However, it still won't stop me watching everything that you two get up too. *shudder* :yuck:
    Harmless :
    why is it the girls that would have to wear chastity belts?
    Or why the men.... why not everybody?

Philosifor : Leave the country, thats my plan too. the "where" is proving problems though.

harmless & lacymay -> quit it before i get a bucket of cold water. at least PM these, do we all need (or want) to hear such an extended and ultimatly meaningless conversation?

shukes : It is a problem, and it is self worsening rather than self correcting. Our only hope is that eventually we have a generation that is so forced to look after itself and its parents that it has to make some very tough moral choices very early...

As for what we can do, my best advice is to start really strongly and cleverly promoting homosexuality to under 5's. (A person's sexual preferance (down to fetish's and like brunettes) is set in stone by the age of 5.)
    cokephreak, let your hair down mate!:)
    Philosopher - just because teenage girls get pregnant young it doesnt necessarily mean they are going to bring their children up with loose morals! my sister is 16 and is a very good mother thank you very much..mind you she has the support of our family but still..its quite a rash generalisation.

Shukes - believe or not u DO sound sensible. im 18 and u sound more grown up than me!(not that thats hard but still!) people will always judge and try to classify others - its just the way we are! i know its irritating but..personally i just ignore them i cant be bothered woith all that crap. people can take me as i am - like it or lump it!(they usually lump it:D )
    Thanx astleyfan, I secretly like being called mature really. :D lol

I do try to ignore them and usually suceed anyway :) It's just that I've had a bad day for aforementioned reasons.

Apologises for the scrawl that was the contents of my original post as well - I have to stop writing poorly written rants over whatever's on my mind at the time every time I'm upset over something. :(
    Shukes, it sounds like you've sussed out a lot in life already. It should give you a headstart in life over most people. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
    harmless
    I cut the majority of my hair off 6 years ago, and since then the cuttings have been kept in a locked cabinet, suspended by a high-wire in a sealed bunker hidden deep in an unnamed mountain range.

These security precautions have been put in place in case some-one decides to go behind my back and let my hair down while i'm not looking.

Back to reality.... shukes was trying to ask a serious question / make a statement. Not only is this issue serious to the poster, but its a serious issue to society, which other people could read to learn something, or make them think about their lives differently.

You 2 highjacked the thread (taking over half the posts at the moment), which is not only annoying for the poster, but also means its less likely that other people are going to read the thread and learn something from it.

Is there a reason those posts needed to be on a public board? Or in a thread that was actually trying to get a point across. There are enough pointless threads, use one of them (hint : look for ones started my Morrocan Roll. ;) ), at least that way your not going to interfere with other peoples learning process.

OK, reading that back it seems a little harsh... but i'm going to leave it. Sorry, but this (thread topic) is something i take seriously, as i think its concerning the biggest threat to our society that i'm going to see in my lifetime.
    No offence meant...
    If it makes you feel better i'll edit and fill it with smilies...
    I still have no idea what to do about my friend, and neither has she. :(
    I still have no idea what to do about my friend, and neither has she. :(

Get her to a doctor, or buy her a testing kit - there's always the chance that she's worrying for nothing. She really needs to know for sure one way or the other & then she can decide what she wants to do.

If it makes you feel better i'll edit and fill it with smilies...

cokephreak you crack me up:lol:
    Cokephreak, no your post is fine and you are right!:)

-I feel like the naughty boy outside the headmasters room-;)

We will tone down are flirting and not do it on important topics! (But you have to understand that will be no easy task)

Is that better for everyone?? (I’m in the wrong so I apologise for it!)

P.s I think what’s really bothering you Mr Coke was that you liked are flirting little too much and wanted to join in eh!;) ;);)

Well I’ll have to have word with Em bout it:p
    Dont like it dont read it. Simple as.