Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Major/Currie Affair...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:eek:

So, before he was PM (or even a cabinet minister) John Majopr was screwing Edwina Currie (and vice versa).

Can't believe it, I always had him down as a dull grey man.

What's the old saying about "it's always the quiet ones..."

Comments

• Options
    Shocking. I can't think what they saw on each other. I know Edwina has always been, by her own admmission, as horny as a dog with two dicks..., but John Major!

Have you seen her website ? Suggestive photograph she's got on the welcome page. 'Enter' it says... :D :eek:
  • Options
    God that is sickening :yuck:

*shudder*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Have you seen her website ? Suggestive photograph she's got on the welcome page. 'Enter' it says... :D :eek:

I think I'm more shocked that you know her web address mate :eek: :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

I think I'm more shocked that you know her web address mate :eek: :eek2:

It was posted in drugs a couple of weeks ago, in context. It is a shocking from page. I was mildly amused/disturbed by the news.
  • Options
    Yes, WHSpliff went to meet her at a radio studio or something to discuss drugs, and someone posted her website to give him some warning. Not a second too soon it'd seem...

Going back to the affair, I can't believe Major would later start the 'back to basics' campaign. Do as I say, not as I do, eh?
  • Options
    It's the kind of hypocrisy I've come to expect of politicians. Especially those from the Tory Party, and even more from that particular time. I get the feeling now that the real scandal will be any one of them who wasn't misbehavin' in some way.

and then politicos wonder why there is little faith in them anymore...

~~~~~~

Still not sure that the reason for you knowing is a good one. Was it you who gave it to WH Spliff? Hmmmm

Anyway, why was it useful for him...
  • Options
    Ok, I'll tell you the truth MoK. Every night, before I go to bed, I log on to her website and stare at that wonderful photograph for a few moments. Then I go to bed and pray sweet dreams will come... :p
  • Options
    * shudders
  • Options
    I couldn't eat my sunday fry-up yesterday at the thought of those two pig ugly wrinklies doing it.

Ming!
  • Options
    I couldn't care less whether or not they had an affair - as another poster stated, it's a surprise when politicians aren't having them. I just didn't see the point in dragging it up just to scrape together some extra publicity. Major's come of out it looking better because he's kept shtum regarding Currie. It's been two decades - just let sleeping dogs lie, luv.
  • Options
    The only reason she's sharing her affair with the nation is to increase sales of the book. Had she not included such details the book would have gone past us completely unnoticed.

Other than the thought of those two 'doing it' :yuck: I'm enjoying myself enormously at the bitterness, the accusations, the infighting, the remarks and all the other stuff we keep hearing from Currie, Major, Mrs Archer, Mr Mellor et al.
  • Options
    I feel moderately sorry for major, and particularly sorry for norma. Edwina Currie, on the other hand, is a tragic cow - the way she's trying to claim that she didn't do it for teh money/public exposure/revenge is just laughable. It's a fucking awful thing to do and she should be thoroughly ashamed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Prufrock
    I feel moderately sorry for major

I don't. Not one shred of sorrow. He should consider himeself fortunate that she didn't expose his hypocrisy when he became party leader, or more to the point, when he launched his "back to basics" campaign.
    particularly sorry for norma.

I concur there though. The only person coming out of this well is Norma.
    Edwina Currie, on the other hand, is a tragic cow - the way she's trying to claim that she didn't do it for teh money/public exposure/revenge is just laughable. It's a fucking awful thing to do and she should be thoroughly ashamed.

Indeed a tragic cow. Clearly she is doing this for personal reasons. If she had been so distressed by the "evil" back to basics campaign then she should have spoken out then...
  • Options
    Had to laugh at Stephen Fry on Parkie last night.

Parkie: "I noticed you weren't included in Edwina's book"
    Fry: "Yeah, that was a major cock up, wasn't it?"

Got me giggling. :p
  • Options
    I do think that the best result out of all of this was Lady Archer's pithy put-down, where she questioned not Major's motivation, but his taste....

Quality.