Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Are Arsenal unstoppable?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
It certainly seems so at the moment.

It doesn't matter much if their star striker is going through a bad patch (nor that he is anyway) because they have 7 other top strikers and midfielders who can't stop scoring. They are more disciplined, play as a team, and don’t concede many- although Seaman might be their weak point this season- and even seem to have gotten rid of their away European games blues.

If it wasn't for Real Madrid :p they'd have a very good chance of doing the treble this season. I can't see many teams being able to stop them.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well good luck runs out for everybody...and it will run out for Arsenal sooner or later. But the fact is that they are so much more creative with there ball controll they are a class above everyone else at the moment. They have the best strikers who are always reliable...you know arsenal will score! Once they have possesion they have the power to surge forward and almost seem unstopable at times.

As said though..Seaman is lookin a bit dodgy with these lobs he keeps conceding...other than that they are a joy to watch.
    As a United fan I have to say this is frustrating to watch. Not only becuase Arsenal are performing well, but also because they are using United tactics..

Wenger seems to have studied how United were playing a few years years ago, cos Arsenal are now playing the same way - soak up pressure, fast counter = goals.

Talking of United, what ever happened to them ;)

Oh, BTW, I hate Wenger with a passion. Just thought I'd share that.
    Why do you hate Venger? I know he never seems to see any 'incident' involving his own players, but he's a nice, modest chap ;)
    Well that's one of the reasons, but there are many and they're not all rational.
    • I hate the way the media fawn all over him, hailing him as some kind of god...it's a London thing..and that he courts it.
    • I hate the way he fails, ever, to accept that any of his players have done anything wrong.
    • I hate his arrogance. I know United are, but then they have reason after so many titles in the past 10 years. Wenger has won the title twice, oh and the FA Cup twice too...in how long?
    • When he came here he suggested that the then managers just used fixture congestion as an excuse. Now he uses the same...
    • He has a face just calling out to be slapped

That's for starters...
    :(

They are just too good!
    nah. they're not unstoppable.

Simply apply a force equal to the force they are moving with to them, in a direction opposite to the direction they are moving... that will stop them.

Failing that, wait 30 - 40 years, all of them will be retired.. or wait a few more years, when they will be dead.

Or wait 200 years, by when we would have found out that there are much more important things than watching other people playing games.

No much of a contribution.. but its mine

*warm glow*
    Wait till Liverpool get their hands on them-the record will stop there!
    Although I can only stand back and admire them at the minute. They play nothing like the United of old- thay are a class above that. Arsenel have always being great defensive now they are banging them in for fun it'll be down to the pool to stop them.
    Still think they could do the treble though Arsenel, Real and Valencia, maybe Ac Milan!
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Well that's one of the reasons, but there are many and they're not all rational.

• I hate the way he fails, ever, to accept that any of his players have done anything wrong.
    • I hate his arrogance.
    • He has a face just calling out to be slapped

That's for starters...

Alex Ferguson anyone...? :)
    Originally posted by AGoldenBoy

Alex Ferguson anyone...? :)

Yes, nice editing when I do refer to United's arrogance tho' dude.

BTW He does criticise his players...see Keane's sending off at Sunderland as an example. He defended it at first, but then once he had seen the incident he publically criticised him... I have yet to hear Arsene ever do that...

As for Arsenal being a class above United, whose record are they trying to beat?
    Just to be impartial I can't stand Wenger or Ferguson, they are both so transparent in their often outrageous defnce of their teams/players and they are both unwilling to accept critiscism........
    I think we should have a Celebrity Death Match between the two managers. Ferguson could try his famed mind tricks to defeat Wenger before one punch is launched. Wenger on the other hand could arrange for someone to step onto the ring and strike Ferguson from behind. When questioned by the judges Wenger would simply say he "hadn't seen the incident".

Yes, nice editing when I do refer to United's arrogance tho' dude.

BTW He does criticise his players...see Keane's sending off at Sunderland as an example. He defended it at first, but then once he had seen the incident he publically criticised him... I have yet to hear Arsene ever do that...

As for Arsenal being a class above United, whose record are they trying to beat?

Oooh, touchy, and just a mite defensive.;)
    I know United are, but then they have reason after so many titles in the past 10 years. Wenger has won the title twice, oh and the FA Cup twice too...in how long?

If we're being picky here, Wenger has won the double twice in 5 full seasons. Not quite as good as United's record over the last 10 years true. But compare Ferguson's first 5 years at United?

I think they both have the right to arrogance, because they've both broken managerial records and their successes justify their arrogance.

I'd still rather they weren't arrogant though.
    Originally posted by Ilson-Youth

LoL

as already said.

ITS BRIAN CLOUGHS - NOTTINGHAM FORESTs' Record set in 78/79 (or perhaps 79/80) you know, the back to back european championship winning side.

(Whenever it was, it certainly wasnt by Manchester United, unless they've managed to equal ours during their reign.)

unbeaten in 42 games, Liverpool ended our run,

It looks like it could be Liverpool ending this Arsenal teams run too, if they do, then Arsenal will only have managed 41 games, and lost to a weaker Liverpool side than the 79squad that beat clougheys boys

Don't jump to conclusions! No reason why Arsenal can't avoid defeat against Liverpool. After all, Arsenal are the better side.

If it comes to an end I've got a sneaky feeling it will be against a shit team.
    Ai,, just thinking how Ironic it would be,

Also, if Arsenal dont do it, i dont see who could.

But then again, dont you think its a little early to go on abotu them breaking records, i mean, they have only been unbeaten for 30 games is it? something like that, they almost to go unbeaten for half as many games again.

It is early, but then teams rarely go this many games unbeaten, so they have to try to talk it up when someone does. Forest's record is unbelievable really isn't it.
    I dont know which is more unbelievable, the fact a team went 42 games without getting beat (just sinks in, thats a full season)!,
    Or the fact that it was Forest that did it!

was a long time ago, although we do have a cracking, young team at the moment..

Arsenal, they have an excellent *French* team though at the moment, not sure if its good enough to beat all the records in sight though.

Well, it certainly appears to be good enough at the moment. To score in nearly 50 consecutive games is amazing. A whole season unbeaten away from home.

It is feasible to go a whole season unbeaten. Arsenal in 91 only lost 1 league game, so it could happen. I don't think it will this year though. It will be all too easy for United or Liverpool to have a good game and beat Arsenal.
    They won't go unbeaten now...well done everton...and the ironic thing is that they put Liverpool top!! :lol: