Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Young clubbers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I think there should be clubs for 15's and overs more of them all over the country!! Its stupid the way teenagers are maturing at a faster rate we are smoking drinking but we are atill not allowed to go into clubs to dance! THere are many under 18 events but they are not very exciting at all! Many of my friends go clubbing at the weekends! The teenagers of these days are maturing faster than before!They look older and act older it is easy enough to get into clubs(trust me)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I think you answered your own question. Its easy enough to get into a club when you're underage, so if they lowered the limit to 15, you would get 13 year olds there. In an atmosphere with a lot of alcohol and drugs.
  • Options
    Without wishing to generalise or stereotype under 18's. There's a club i go to in Birmingham where ther's quite a high turn out of under 18's and without doubt the majority of are fucking prats. They're like 7 year olds let loose in a sweet shop. They either stand at the bar knocking back double vodkas till they pass out or chomping away on pills, base and coke till they're so monged they don't know what their legs are for! And before you all start, i know it's not jus the <18s who do this and im sure there's plenty who club safely/properly, its just that i aint seen any.
  • Options
    The teenagers of these days are maturing faster than before!They look older and act older it is easy enough to get into clubs(trust me)

Yes teenagers are so much more mature these days, that why schools have so many problems with teenagers of today and there attitude, thats why teenagers of today are more prone to steal, thats why teenagers of today are more prone to do gang fights........ The list could go on, and on and on and on!

But wait, you are all maturing much faster than before. Yes maybe in your group of friends or school but not every teenager is the same as you, infact most teenagers where I stay are all complete fannies that think they are soo hard. I am glad they cant get into my club, it would ruin the night.

There is a reason teenagers are not allowed in, even if they sometimes do get in still, and the reason is that you are all complete fannies!!

So shut up and wait till you grow up. Lifes a bitch, deal with it and get over it!!
  • Options
    If clubs were over 15's then the government would have to lower the national drinking age to 15.

If a club sold alcohol and it was 15 and over club there is a strong chance that someone between 15 and 18 will have bought a alcoholic drink. If busted the club, bouncer, and barman who served u, could all get fined alot.

Just deal with it
  • Options
    I'm 15 and if I wanted to go clubbing I'd go for the music (especially if its a DJ I like... M.I.K.E is playing at Room at the Top tonight and I'm too young :( ) and the girls, I wouldn't want to get wasted or anything.... but I guess most people my age would want to get drunk and maybe take pills cause they're at a club and thats the reason why we aren't allowed to go
  • Options
    U usually find proper dance clubs easier to get into than a pisshead club. I was in sundissential last may and there was a 13 yr old girl there!! As long as u dont look too young u prolly wont get asked for ID, and if u already have a ticket then u also stand a better chance of gettin in.
  • Options
    There are underage raves organised every now and then arent there? There was when I was younger anyway.

Evolution, I think, they ran nights at the santuary in milton keynes (sp?) thats a big venue and they didnt have bad line-ups either, not sure if they still run.
  • Options
    I totally know what you are sayin about lowerin the entrance age.

Ive been to Holland a few times in the past 2 years (amazin place) and alot of the clubs over there are over 16's.

Its good, i think you need to be 16 to drink alchohol (only beer , cider etc..) and 18 for vodka etc... so its quite good, and i have to say is the best country ive been to!
  • Options
    i think its totally unfair to say that under age 'clubbers' ruin it for the older legal ones!! just because you turn 18 doesnt mean you suddenly grow up and become mature! i think with lads its a case of never maturing! i'm 17 and go out every weekend in my local town - have done since i was 15! and to be honest im probably more sensible than half the older population out!

it seems that as soon as someone turns 18 it likes 'look at all the underage kids in here' but guess what you were probably doing it at their age so your just a hypocrit!
    if there was more available to the inbetween ages then it would probably result in fewer underage kids in pubs etc but i dont think the answer is over 15 clubs because you'd just end up with a million drunk kids anyway! perhaps if less people abused alcohol (young or old) then the government colud alter rules and regulations!

but hey they'll alwasy be the minority that dont know their limits and ruin it for everyone else!
  • Options
    i used to go to black tie balls when i was younger. They sound lame but they are actually really good. They are under 18 club nights at camden palace, Bagleys etc with top name DJ's

Click here ----> :) , then click on the 'blacktie balls' icon and then events

hope that helps
  • Options
    Originally posted by wuckFit
    There is a reason teenagers are not allowed in, even if they sometimes do get in still, and the reason is that you are all complete fannies!!

So shut up and wait till you grow up. Lifes a bitch, deal with it and get over it!!

Thanks wuckers :rolleyes:

That, i would say, is a gross generalisation, but again, so was the opening statement... yes, SOME teenagers are maturing faster, but there are still a lot of teenagers that haven't grown out of the whole get-so-drunk-you-pass-out-in-your-own-vomit stage, and i think it's fair enuff that clubs don't want them in there. And, as mattbomb so rightly pointed out, they could lost their licence for serving alcohol to under 18's, which is why they're so hot on ID (or at least, the bigger ones are). Yeah, i'm sure that some people are mature enough to go to clubs, have a couple of drinks, dance, whatever... but you do get completely munted ones as well.
    However, i'm sure i'd feel differently if i didn't look about 20 and had problems getting into clubs (i'm 17).
  • Options
    Whoever it was that posted about blacktie, the website didn't work - it's some weird shopping webbie. I used to go to those events too and would love to revisit the website. I can't find it on google, could you repost it?
    Thanks
    -Minoey xx
  • Options
    Minoey wrote:
    Whoever it was that posted about blacktie, the website didn't work - it's some weird shopping webbie. I used to go to those events too and would love to revisit the website. I can't find it on google, could you repost it?
    Thanks
    -Minoey xx
    The thread is 4 years old so maybe the link got taken down.
  • Options
    Its stupid the way teenagers are maturing at a faster rate we are smoking drinking but we are atill not allowed to go into clubs to dance!

Because smoking and drinking really constitute maturity?

It's the very fact that, as people have pointed out, they will go in, drink as much as possible in an hour and vomit/pass out/pick a fight that people don't want underage people in clubs.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    The thread is 4 years old so maybe the link got taken down.

The funny thing is that the original poster will be over 18 now and wondering what all the fuss is about! :D
  • Options
    interesting 'blacktie' they should do underage nights where people have to go along in smart blackties. would it catch on?
  • Options
    would it catch on?
    Doubt it, how many under 18'ers do you know that would be happy to spend their money on clothes they would only wear to go to one place when they could just spend their dosh on the latest lacoste trainers or getting pissed?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    JamesZero wrote:
    The funny thing is that the original poster will be over 18 now and wondering what all the fuss is about! :D

too true :lol: and on that note...

Closed :)
This discussion has been closed.