Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Waste of £3.50

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I've just spent the above amount on a pay-per-view film... unfortunately the movie was A.I.

That must be the worst, most boring and pointless movie I've ever had the misfortune of watching. And from Spielberg, no less! Dear me.

If anyone was thinking of watching it, save your time and money. Absolutely diabolical!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Waste of £3.50
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    That must be the worst, most boring and pointless movie I've ever had the misfortune of watching.

Yep, I'd have to agree.
    I enjoyed it. Apparently the screen play was largely written by Kubrick before his death, and he'd asked Spielberg to create the film.
    It does meander along quite a bit though.
    Re: Waste of £3.50
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I've just spent the above amount on a pay-per-view film... unfortunately the movie was A.I.
    If anyone was thinking of watching it, save your time and money. Absolutely diabolical!

I wish you had told me that yesterday cos I made the same mistake ! :rolleyes:

what a pile of pap !
    Originally posted by Pugwash69
    Apparently the screen play was largely written by Kubrick before his death

I would have been more impressed if it was AFTER his death.

:rolleyes:
    I thought it was crap too. It just dragged on, and the more it dragged on the more rediculious it got
    This highlights the reason why I don't pay box-office...I'd rather wait a few months and watch the film for "free" (i.e. THanks to my usual subscription) at least that way I don't feel so bad when the film is shit.
    I have been house sitting for my dad this week so I have been "exploiting" the box office, wish I hadnt now, watch fast and furious again, which is class :D
    Umm.. acxtually i though it was a pretty good film...

Not what i'd watch for pleasure, but certainly not a bad film.

My only real problem with it was the typlical speilberg problem of making it a happy ending, it should have ended with him being buried in the ice. Everything after that really annoyed me, just added on because some-one thinks that storys for kids have to have a happy ending.

I also thought that the parallel to Pinnochio was stressed a little too heavily in places (the circus etc)
    I thought it wa salright. Not great, not crap. Certainly not as bad as 8-legged freaks... I still can't believe how SHIT the ending was to that film! :mad::crazyeyes
    i thought it was ok!! :)