Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

how do you know?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey ppl, i was just wondering how do you know wetha your in love or not? i mean i think i am but im not sure!?!:confused:
replies wud be good thanx, s_m_b x

Comments

• Options
    Well I think there is a fine line between love and lust.

Lust I'd say , excited, eager to please them, dream like state, horny 24/7, trembling at the knees.

Love I'd say was those things above plus friendship, enjoy their company without ripping their clothes off, not hungry, butterflies at the thought of seeing them, same interests, most importantly you fell safe and protected by them.

That's just my personal opinion :D
  • Options
    I agree with The Mistress.
  • Options
    I dunno how to explain it. I just knew.
  • Options
    Hi

I have asked myself this very same question. I think at the end of the day u just know as has already been said. However if u want some guidance then i think u will find some answers in poetry and music. When u read love poems or listen to love songs and are deeply moved by them and think....... yes i know exactly how that feels...... i know exactly what that means.... then u r probably in love. (or have been)

When u r in Love the world seems a better place.... the world around u seems more beautiful than it did before.

This is how i knew.

Hope this helps a little.
  • Options
    I just got a weird gooey feeling inside, It's quite hard to explain but you can just feel it in your heart!:blush::heart::heart:
  • Options
    You know.

The inevitability of it hits you like a brick to the head. The knowledge of it and the feeling itself is more real than anything else you've ever experienced or imagined.

You know that no matter if they left, didn't speak to you for years and then suddenly called you up in trouble, you'd go a million miles to help them out. But you don't become a doormat, or desperate to please them at any cost to yourself. That kind of destructive, draining pattern is infactuation and more to do with your own issues and insecurities than love for another. You want to have an equal, sharing, real relationship, so you need them to respect you and treat you right.

You want to appreciate them, not posess them. It's an unselfish emotion, you think of them not yourself.

The world does seem like a better place, not because of any benefit that you're getting, but just because something this pure, this unselfish, this real does actually exist... and that gives you hope for mankind and counters a little of your cynacism.

It doesn't change, not really. The relationship may change, the passion and excitement gives way to familiarity and comfort, but the underlying connection, the incomprehensability of feeling any different, that remains.

You can't imagine your life without them in it. You can't imagine giving up that part of yourself that is theirs.

And if they aren't yours, if they don't love you back, you don't hate or resent or wish any harm, you know that you can't make them happy, and you really want them to be happy, so you force yourself to accept it and move on. Love isn't a destructive emotion, not in its pure form, it's an empowering thing. That's why it's better to have "loved and lost", experiencing real love, even unrequited love, enriches your life.

You can move on, fall in love again, be in love with more than one person... but inside you know till the last breath escapes your lips and your heart lies still, there'll be a piece of you that is forever dedicated unrelentingly to your love.
  • Options
    *Is speechless*

Kaz you got it so right sweetie :D

*Wishes she could explain things this way*
  • Options
    I've gone all fluttery.

I don't know. If I think too much about this I tend to confuse myself.
  • Options
    :rolleyes: yes i think Kaz has described it perfectly!!! THis is love in its pureest from..... unconditional. Not self seeking. And if u truely love someone, then whatever happens a small piece of your heart will always be theres.... for true love lasts forever!!!

;)
  • Options
    I knew when I mentally took him away from my life and I physically hurt. That's when I knew. Simple but effective.
  • Options
    You know when you don't have to keep asking yourself if you are in love. :)