Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I am off to meet Edwina Currie

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Looks like I am off to meet Edwina Currie tomorrow – :eek: :eek:

HTV West is recording a studio discussion programme on drugs in general and wanted a spokesman from the Legalise Cannabis Alliance, which as I am not far from Bristol and I’ve just been appointed to the National Executive – it’s down to me.

This is just a pilot recording, but if all goes well, a real programme will be made in November.

Wish me luck!

What do you think I should wear; suit or campaign T-shirt?:confused:

:cool:

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like it could be a good oppourtunity, good luck :)

A suit would make you look more professional, and I think you're gonna be able to get across your campaign ideas easily enough without the t-shirt, so I'd go with the suit.
  • Options
    wear a suit definitely. its easier to take someone seriously in a suit. sad but true.
  • Options
    A bit off the subject but when you see her ask her what ever posessed her daughter to go topless in the sun ?

Dont know if you remember but she was wearing fried eggs and smoking a big cigar ?!?!

:eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by CRAZYREDEYES
    and smoking a big cigar ?!?!

From which hole :confused::p:D

Thing is – it’s aimed at the ‘youth’ market – being filmed in a nightclub, so does that suggest a more ‘relaxed’ atmosphere & therefore T-shirt and not suit?

:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by WHSpliff.net

From which hole :confused::p:D

Thing is – it’s aimed at the ‘youth’ market – being filmed in a nightclub, so does that suggest a more ‘relaxed’ atmosphere & therefore T-shirt and not suit?

:confused:

Hmm.... that makes it a bit more tricky...

*is useless* :D
  • Options
    I would take both just in case !!!
  • Options
    t-shirt in a club i'd say, and im a "youth" lol. Id say t-shirt because when you see these bloody politicians they all look the same in their damn suits! :D and you dont often see people in clubs wearing suits do you???
    although i suppose a suit would make you look more official like, but i tend to flick over the telly if its just 2 people in suits talking in a club, but when i see "legalize cannabis"... :) lol

your choice mate. and any idea what day\time\channel etc its going to be on?
    Duffy
  • Options
    go for the suit mate. it's not the youngsters in the club your selling yourself to, but a high profile tory. forget the tie. but dress sharp. t-shirts dont impress people like her and you should be out to impress her. with your knowledge, sincerity and charm.
    patient calm confident smart mr spliffy will go a lot further than another rebel in a t-shirt in a club etc. she is used to dealing with and respecting suits. it's the attire of bizz and polotics. all the best mate.
    dont belittle her. show her respect. be charming. dont ridicule her ignorance. she has dealt with very powerfull figures for years and could savage and belittle you at the drop of a hat mate. thats reality. best of luck. give her a good shagging for me.
  • Options
    I am going to ask her to sign an autograph to my old dear, a great fan, who’s feeling a bit down, I am going to ask her to sign;

Mary Jane - the future is bright :D:p

- we can raffle it for LCA funds! :D:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by CRAZYREDEYES
    I would take both just in case !!!

Yep, that's the one cheers. I think it's more likely going to be the suit, but if almost everyone is dressed causal, I may change.

Some bastard sent me a link to her web-site and for some strange reason I couldn't resist taking a look :eek: :eek:

Shocking!

Scary front page pic! ENTER??? :eek: :eek: - no thanks!
  • Options

Shocking!

Scary front page pic! ENTER??? :eek: :eek: - no thanks!

Christ... thats a cruel thing to show a man who's just woken up! :yuck:
  • Options

Mary Jane - the future is bright :D:p

- we can raffle it for LCA funds! :D:p

Lmao !

Like it alot! :lol:
  • Options
    Be careful WHSpliff, she's is always complaining she's not getting nearly as much sex as she'd like. :eek:

Then again, what better place to put forward your views than between the sheets? :D
  • Options
    What a waste of a day; no discussion concerning the legalisation of cannabis took place, and therefore I was not called upon to speak.

The whole thing was a complete shambles from start to finish, and as is normal for HTV-West heavy basis towards Bristol and it’s problems – totally ignoring the rest of their coverage area.

Part 3 was due to be concerning legalisation of cannabis and the ‘Dutch model’ – Free Rob Cannabis was first to speak, not a good choice; constant reference to ‘God’s scared plant’, the fact that he doesn’t consider cannabis to be illegal and mentioning the plant could save the world - during a ‘drugs’ discussion, and without being able to explain his thinking - resulted in a particularly funny reply from Edwina (which escapes me now) and left him looking a right idiot!

Next up, a chap from the drug charity ‘Transform’ with the case for legalisation of all drugs, right at the start of the ‘cannabis’ segment. Straight off-topic, the discussion went onto smack & crack, an argument broke out between three people standing close together (all within distance of the mike), no control was taken of the situation – and that was the end of the recording!

I can see ending with an argument can be good ‘tabloid’ television, but it was on the wrong subject, and was hardly what had been planned, and it failed completely to add anything to the debate concerning cannabis legalisation.

The reality is that legalisation of cannabis was NOT discussed, the only person to comment on that proposal (Rob) doesn’t even accept it’s illegal, and there was NO comparison whatever with Holland, despite that country being featured in the ‘part 3 title’.

I was so angry at wasting a whole day, I bugger-off without asking Edwina for the autograph, which pissed me off more!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Mr.spliff

Thats a real shame.

:(
  • Options
    hard luck mate. "we shall over come....we shall over cu erum we shall...
    just ignore me, most people do. yes i'm on another planet..again.
    hard luck mr spliffy. you'll fight the good fight another day.
  • Options
    shes front page of the times today :eek:
    Duffy
  • Options
    I told you to be careful didn't I? :D

Look here

John Major... yuk! :eek:
  • Options
    I fired off a right snotty message to the Assistant Producer concerning the shambles – got an amazing apology and almost begging me to go for the real recording, with guarantee to speak, and a proper discussion on cannabis.

A result, I think!
    :D
  • Options
    you gonna go then???