Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Deferring

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Have gotten accepted to uni, sent in reply slip confirming that I want the place (it's deferred place, starting next autumn)...am I supposed to get any more letters, confirmations, forms to fill out or anything now?

The international students coordinator at Durham seems to have disappeared, the new woman there never answers what I'm actually asking in my e-mails, and my boss is likely to get slightly upset if I keep phoning abroad from work. So does anyone know whether I should fill in anything more or just wait till next year and assume that I'll get accommodation forms etc in the mail by then?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Contact your departmental office/ head of the department with your question, explain that the people you have contacted already have failed to answer you. Ask them to tell you what you need to do next. You can do all this by email, but if you want a faster response try phone/ fax.

Susie :)
  • Options
    I've got a deferred place at uni and I haven't recieved anything either so I use my vast cache of knowledge to say sit and wait. ;) I'm sure the University has got its hands full sorting out this year's accomodation etc etc.
  • Options
    Oh well

You're going to psych. at Durham next year as well, aren't you Brantree? Suppose I'll pretend I'm a patient person too then.

It's just that I'm leaving Europe in three weeks and won't be mailable till May next year... and my parents are lousy at reading English. Guess I'll just have to leave it to them though.
  • Options
    Re: Oh well
    Originally posted by thalia
    You're going to psych. at Durham next year as well, aren't you Brantree? Suppose I'll pretend I'm a patient person too then.

It's just that I'm leaving Europe in three weeks and won't be mailable till May next year... and my parents are lousy at reading English. Guess I'll just have to leave it to them though.

No, no I'm not. I'm doing Arabic with French. :) And I don't think we'll be getting accomodation stuff till late August/early September when all the results have come out.
  • Options
    Im in the same position, don't worry. you'll get a letter from ucas confirming your place for next year soon. Where are you off to? im going to sheffield uni.