Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what's happened to thanatos?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
he was so entertaining! I want him back!
he was constantly posting before I went away for the summer - now he seems to have disappeared... what's happened to my favourite right-wing gun-toting psychopath?

Comments

• Options
    The "legendary" Thanatos has been banned.

The mods gave an explenation, but the post that got him banned was (in my opinion) mis-read by them, and yeah, generally the whole "procedure" in the banning was wrong (also in my opinion).
    Shouldn't take me long to find comments by posters, which are much more "horrifying".
    But obviously, the mods think otherwise, when banning the right-wing gun-toting psychopath?. :mad:
  • Options
    Jacqueline summed it up pretty well. The mods made a claim of continued abuse, but that is hard to believe considering Steelgate is still here.
  • Options
    Yeah, the mods provided what I thought was a rather flimsy explanation. Some of Steelgate's pronouncements are, in my opinion, infinitely more offensive than anything Thanatos has ever said: see 'Steelgate's hatred.' I think it got to the point of banning him because he is who he is, rather than for any particualr concrete offence.
  • Options
    Whats happened to Diesel?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    Whats happened to Diesel?

Maybe they banned him along? The "mighty mods" might as well hit two flies at once?

*watched mouth, in order not to get banned either* ;)
  • Options
    Or maybe he got tired of posting photographs of people at firing ranges and went somewhere else where the images get a better response. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Or maybe he got tired of posting photographs of people at firing ranges and went somewhere else where the images get a
    better response. ;)

LOL yeah right...:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    A tribute to Diesel

A Refresher Course for Americans:

a. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
    b. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
    c. Glock: The original point and click interface.
    d. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
    e. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
    f. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
    g. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
    h. If you don't know your rights you don't have any.
    i. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
    j. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.
    k. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
    l. The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others.
    m. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
    n. Guns only have two enemies: rust and liberals.
    o. Know guns, know peace and safety. No guns, no peace nor safety.
    p. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
    q. 911 - government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
    r. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
    s. Criminals love gun control - it makes their jobs safer.
    t. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
    u. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
    v. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
    w. Enforce the "gun control laws" we have, don't make more.
    x. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
    y. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
    z. "...a government of the people, by the people, for the people..."
  • Options
    I'm touched that you missed me...really, my apologies...I'll do better.

I've been busy writing and preparing a civil rights lawsuit in US District which must be filed tomorrow.

Greenhat, that was thoughtful...!:D

I agree, Thanatos ought to be invited back...especially during such perilous times as these in which we all live...he is quite insightful and will make you think!

I'll be back...I promise.:cool:
  • Options
    thanatos was banned..

As I read the top of this page, these words sort of stick out TheSite.org your guide to the real world.... A rather interesting choice of words, for a place that bans some one for disagreeing...

Is that the real world or some sheltered spot?? You tell yourselves for I already know.. Lets just say its a far cry from the British Isles that I read about and visited.. Oh well, ban me too, after all I disagree...

Aladdin
    You find shooting so distasteful?? I'd ask you what is so terrible about my shooting holes in paper, if you do have an answer past your personal opinion... However, to honor your personal opinion, you would have to honor mine.. Now that would create quite a nasty pickle, treating another's opinion with respect...

Would I shoot some one? That is a sick question that only takes a lack of a mind to ask..

I am past the half century mark, owned firearms since boyhood and never committed a crime.. Oh, I did break a window once with a BB rifle.. Get the rope..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excuse me, I digressed from my own direction.. Its all that freedom I sense in the air here.. :rolleyes:

Point is, debate makes the mind strong.. IF a person can keep it to debate, leaving out the personal attacks and slurs.. However when at a loss for any factual retort, an insult does work.. When lacking anything of value, take a cheap shot.. And when one can not handle another, band together and whine like children and get the person banned...

However that is a bit tough on the ego when you look in the mirror...

But feel free to have me banned also.. There's some nice folks here, but there's a stench also.. The stench that says a man may not cross words with another, after all it may stampede the herd, baaaaaa....

So let's not rock the little world.. Ban every one that disagrees, but admit banning and mod'ing is because y'all (yes I am southern) can't handle the heat.. Its just another way to hide, like an osterich, head in hole, butt raised up high, a big dumb bird that can not even fly...

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
    Thinking, now that's such a silly thought, I am sure it should be edited out..

Oh, btw I am being quite nice.. I usually avoid sites where they lie about all men being equal with a Right to speak..

So just herd up, I see why the British Isles have such quality in woolen goods, its the great herd of sheep..

Please let us not debate anything, after all, if I make you out to be the fool, I am banned...

So enjoy, editing and banning.. Life in a world where everyone sort of blindly follows is soooo challenging... It stimulates the ummm well you know..

your guide to the real world... Now those are some empty words....

How about the world as we wish to see it, banning all those who disagree with the "perfect vision..."

Perhaps some heavy debate? LMAO!
  • Options
    *smiles*

Thanatos will be back.
  • Options
    Originally posted by reverse

Aladdin
    You find shooting so distasteful?? I'd ask you what is so terrible about my shooting holes in paper, if you do have an answer past your personal opinion... However, to honor your personal opinion, you would have to honor mine.. Now that would create quite a nasty pickle, treating another's opinion with respect...

Would I shoot some one? That is a sick question that only takes a lack of a mind to ask..

I am past the half century mark, owned firearms since boyhood and never committed a crime.. Oh, I did break a window once with a BB rifle.. Get the rope..

What are you going on about???

If you re-read my post a few times and care to look at some of Diesel's past contributions you might eventually understand that I was poking some light fun at some of Diesel's threads- not that he'll be needing counselling for it. Posting an image of people shooting on a politics forum, with no comment added or explanation for it is not exactly constructing debate about anything. What makes you think I find shooting distasteful?
  • Options
    Aladdin
    "You find shooting so distasteful??"

It was a question... :confused:

I might "eventually understand"???

The question mark with a quote has always troubled me..
    To me, the ? inside the quotes means its quoted, meaning your question of me, but this was my question to you... Anyhows...

Taking a question as a statement then implying I might eventually understand?? Hmmm, all this banning and mod'ing has the site (that was a pun) restless and on edge..

lil_kazzy
    He will?? I must meet this sterling rascal that has so many in such a dither.. Or is it a froth?? Methinks more like foaming of the oral cavities.. :crazyeyes

Perhaps he has enjoyed enough :banghead:?? Or he could be :chin: wondering what to make of "(y)our guide to the real world" ???

Placing the question outside the quotes again, poor english, but I'm not english...

Diesel, my good man and brother of the Society of the Blessed Bean, how are you doing this sunny morning..

Me? I'm doing any one I can and the good ones twice. :eek:

Enjoying some coffee here, foreign, not domestic.. ;)
  • Options
    By Jove is that Greenhat?

I did miss his post.. Good Morning, Sir.
    An associate evil one, appropriately beaned up, has shown (inserted?? ;)) up within their wire..

Interesting post..
    GH
    A Refresher Course for Americans:

a. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Not to pick another argument by asking yet another question, but isn't that obvious..

We are called US citizens and they are called subjects.. Hmmm, they do have a rather unique government... A Parliamentary Monarchy or is that a Monarchy with Parliament and PM? :confused:
    e. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

Perhaps a knife? Actually a firearm is equality against those who enjoy bladework.. Speaking of bladework, hat reminds me of something...

1. Number of physicians in the US: 700,000

2. Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year: 120,000

3. Accidental deaths per physician: 0.171 (US Dept. of Health and Human Services)

4. Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000

5. Number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups): 1,500

6. Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188

7. Statistically, physicians are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Fact: Not everyone has a gun, but just about everyone has a physician.

Therefore, please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban physicians before this gets out of hand. As a public health measure,

PS:
    I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear that the shock could cause people to seek medical aid.

Are physicians banned from the UK also??

Any one want to bet a quarter, thats a mere 25¢, that I am on a list??
    Hmmmm, the list has such an ominous word...

Not for rattling the sheeple pens, but enjoying a laugh at their expense??
    Perhaps it is your guide to the real word..

Real?? LMAO!

Ta'
  • Options
    Dude, much as you are welcomed here, we've done the g*n things to death now. Please don't drag us down that route again. We (the anti-guns lobby) will never convince you (the pro-gub lobby) and vice versa...

Besides, there is so much more we can disagree on... ;)
  • Options
    I'm not sure of what a "dude" is on your side of the pond..

BTW- I spoke of other matters also, in other threads.. There was quite a bit of other matters on my rapid succession of posts...

Did you miss them?? I rarely miss, I am very patient while waiting to for the shot.. You, know they always offer it, just can't help themselves..

Besides, I like to discuss firearms, makes for a meatier subject than my discussion of where to place the "?" inside or outside the quotes..

We all know what is correct, but.....
  • Options
    Democratic Imperium anyone?:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Diesel
    Democratic Imperium anyone?:D

Is that like a mint imperial?:)
  • Options
    I'm not sure of what a "dude" is on your side of the pond..

A pleasant way of saying friend...
    BTW- I spoke of other matters also, in other threads.. There was quite a bit of other matters on my rapid succession of posts...

I had noticed...
    Besides, I like to discuss firearms, makes for a meatier subject than my discussion of where to place the "?" inside or outside the quotes..

Not sure what you mean here...

However, if you want to discuss g*ns then I'm sure that Greenhat and Diesel can suggest a good site for you, unless that is where you found out about us. The reticence about more g*nrelated threads is that we've already been down the knives, physicians etc route, just as we have been down the guns being "the weapon of choice" for most people who want to kill unlawfully route. The argument has happened, no one has ever been converted, so why bother anymore?

If your punctuation question is related to the "pen mightier than sword" saying, then I should remind you that, in this place on this site, the written word is mightier than a gun. Its not like you can shoot me online, is it? ;)

If not then you can ignore this piece!
  • Options
    Well then, kewl dude.. :D
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    If your punctuation question is related to the "pen mightier than sword" saying, then I should remind you that, in this place on this site, the written word is mightier than a gun. Its not like you can shoot me online, is it? ;)

If not then you can ignore this piece!

That's scarey.. Why would I desire to shoot you, online or otherwise?? :eek:

History says the pen comes up on the short end of the stick, expecially when the UN does the writing..

Not sure what you mean here...

It comes from my earlier post... The use of a question mark with a quote has always troubled me..
    To me, the ? inside the quotes means its quoted, meaning your question of me, but this was my question to you... Anyhows...

Just discussing a quotation and a question mark..
  • Options
    More like 'king for a day' or make it 'queen' if you must!

Soooo....where is Thanatos? Anyone seen him about?

:D :cool: :D
  • Options
    1. Number of physicians in the US: 700,000

2. Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year: 120,000

3. Accidental deaths per physician: 0.171 (US Dept. of Health and Human Services)

4. Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000

5. Number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups): 1,500

6. Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188

7. Statistically, physicians are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
    So, next time you need a major operation, get a gun owner to perform it :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    So, next time you need a major operation, get a gun owner to perform it :p

Did that. Happens to be an MD as well...
  • Options
    Gunz r fun

We have time to spend out of doors
  • Options
    Poor Uncle Joe, he's looking for something mean to say, you know...

GH,
    My dentist shoots Trap..
    I guess when a man looks in people's traps all day, trap shooting has its subliminal meanings...

Rick314,
    Howdy!

Some folks here believe guns commit crimes... That's sort of odd because if thats true, why is it no one puts guns in jail... :confused::confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

Did that. Happens to be an MD as well...
    Thus compounding the risks...

How much safer, then, would a non-gun owning, non-doctor be, according to the previously advanced and rather spurious rationale? :p
  • Options
    Poor Uncle Joe, he's looking for something mean to say, you know...
    Are you privy to my financial status, then, Reverse?

Did it sound like I was being mean? I'll try to be more careful not to offend your tender sensibilities...

So, you're an ex-marine too, huh?
  • Options
    Thus compounding the risks...

Actually, having shot with him, I knew he had a keen eye and a steady hand...

Interesting choice of nick, Uncle Joe. Was a common title for Josef Stalin. Is that indicative of something?

Oh, and Reverse wasn't a Marine. He wore a hat like mine.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

Oh, and Reverse wasn't a Marine. He wore a hat like mine.

You mean... EVERYONE with a contentious attitude is not a Marine? :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by sopite

You mean... EVERYONE with a contentious attitude is not a Marine? :eek:

Only the contentious Americans that get banned it seems....