Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Random Enquiry - Booking Internationals

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Not sure if you guys will be able to help out here, I'm going quite upscale now... maybe J would be a good person for this...

I'm looking into the complete costs of international DJ booking for next year. Namingly Mr. Paul Van Dyk or possibly Paul Oakenfold and a few others and flying them out here for a gig....

I understand the concept of flights, accomadation etc. etc.

I've never done international booking quite like this, getting semi's in the country of orign is easy, getting internationals to NZ is going to be a challenge. Its not like its not happening, next week we have Judge Jules, Armen Van Burren and John 00 Fleming over for GodsKitchen.

Its not that unrealistic if you look at it from the whole picture, a night like this would cost around $15,000 in total, but its revenue and punter bring back would be about 3000 (large nz size) and bring in about $85,000... thats a good investment.

Anyone know any of the booking agencys in general for internationals, I know the record labels have some but trying to build up a database and spring something together... :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Well, if its only trance music your wanting, then I dont think this website will help.

But if you wanting to gather a database of places in which you can book DJs, mainly house ones from here, then go to www.subliminalrecords.com as they do bookings of good house DJs.

Try Nukleuz as well man, they have piccoto, BK, Andy Farley, mario piu etc. You will probably have the web address but hey, worth a try in helping: www.nukleuz.co.uk

Hope any of this helps :)
  • Options
    Theres also Tidy aswell, I don't think the booking info screen is up yet, but you can contact each dj on there aswell as the label heads...they usually reply aswell! ;)