Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Help Please!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok,iv had loads of bloke trouble b4 so before i get into any again i want ur advice, ill b quick though! me n this bloke used2get on really well, nothin physical happened, cept he hada gf n she got jealous n didnt like me spking2him, i duno y nothing happened. anyway, theyv split up n hes being really nice. fliriting like he used2but more. i really like him but just dunno what to do??? HELP PLS B4 I MAKE NE MOR MISTAKES! thabnx

Comments

• Options
    It's a no win situation. Don't let him know how you feel, and although you still have a friend, you won't have him as a boyfriend. Let him know, and if he isn't interested things may never be the same again, and you may loose a friend. So it would seem the best thing is not to tell him. However, life's too short, and you may be missing out on the most wonderful thing ever in your life. Let him know.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    cheers 4 that, ill jus see how stuff goes. like b4 the other day we hadnt spoken4a bit cos his gf (now ex) got lairy but yeh, ta dude
  • Options
    it may not be my place to say this but please read some of the rules around here and get to know how we run before jumping in.
    Text speak is not appreciated very much and when some of the regulars notice it may or may not be very well liked.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    its not my fault, if u dont wanna read it then dont!
  • Options
    Originally posted by shortys
    its not my fault, if u dont wanna read it then dont!

yeh but the point is if you dont read it then you do things wrong
    then u get banned im not having a go so dont be a little kid about it,
  • Options
    Re: Help Please!
    she got jealous n didnt like me spking2him, i duno y nothing happened.

Maybe because:
    fliriting like he used2but more

If he used to flirt with you of course she was going to be jealous.

If you like him why don't you flirt back? You're only young once. If it all falls through who cares? You probably won't be friends forever anyway, he'll grow up, move on and learn to spell, so might you. ;)
  • Options
    thanks 4 your help bumble..and dude u were being nasty it doesnt say newhere about spelling so quite frankly i dont giv a toss, sorry theres no need4 that but yeh no one else has complained and y cant u spk like it if its bn made, hahaha i dont care ne way monkey u freeeeeeeak cheerie bye wahahaha:crazyeyes
  • Options
    With reference to spelling:

Taken from The Site's User Guide:

Text talk

There are reasons why text talk isn't the greatest way to communicate on these boards:
    1. There is no word limit, so you don't need to shorten words
    2. It may be faster for you to type, but it takes much longer to read, and the lack of punctuation also makes your posts hard to decipher. It puts people off responding.
    3. Text talk makes you look stupid and illiterate, sad but true. Board users will also assume that if you can't be bothered to write properly, why should they bother to try and help you.
    4. The search - if you write normally, the key words will be picked up when doing a search, helping you and others. One of the main reasons for our search not being as good as it could be is the use of text talk.

So Rockerchick was technically right.
  • Options
    Okay this is probably going to get some bad reactions but......What is the fuss about text talk? I mean maybe i don't type in it, but everyone seems to be able to read it. I mean sure mayeb people should read the rules and that but why do people have to complain about it when people do it so much? (Not trying to get at anyone in particular!!!) (Just my opinion!)
  • Options
    and heres what i think:
    1. so what about the word limit, most people use this 'type' as it is far easier
    2. there may be lack of puncuation but this isnt an english lesson...if ppl dont want2reply thas ther fault
    3. how u write should not alter the views of which other ppl have as u should not make stereotypical thoughts anyway
    4. this is a relationship board therfore u shud not need2search, plus y the hell does this 'talk' bother u! if u dont want to read wot i write then don! u r in the minority
  • Options
    acutually, the majority of people here hate text talk. and it is much harder to read. i took about twice as long trying to read your post as i would have if it was written in whole. there is no need at all to get bitchy over typing. people were just trying to be helpful. also, by the way the keys are positioned on they keyboard, it takes more effort to type text talk than normal (i.e. all the numbers and such)
  • Options
    shortys - Well if you want people to give a fuck I would seriously consider not using text talk because you're going to spend longer arguing about it then getting a reply to your problems, as you are now.

Also, it makes people think you are an illiterate and argumentative little bitch who is quite happy to come into an online community where there is relative harmony and disrupt it for the sake of saving yourself a few seconds.

It is your call but I don't anticipate you sticking around for very long with an attitude like your own.
    I mean maybe i don't type in it, but everyone seems to be able to read it.
    Wrong. I don't have a flipping clue what people are saying half the time. If a message starts badly and I need to think about the way I am reading something because it is in text talk, I will simply move on to the next thread. Lots of people don't bother to read messages in text language but these people may have been able to help!
  • Options
    shortys:

The majority of people on these boards dislike text talk, purely because it takes them twice as long to read what is being written. Some take the aproach that if they are unable to decipher what you write, they won't help. A sort of, "If she can't be bothered to type properly, why should I bother to offer help?" situation. You could be missing out on valuable advice to your dilemma, purely because people cannot read what you're saying.

Ok, lecture over, and as for your problem, I suggest you feel the whole situation out. If necessary, ask a mutual friend to ask this boy how he feels about you. It's a classic situation... you declare undying love and scare him off, losing a good friend in the process. Or you don't say anything and suffer. It's your call, but get a perspective on the entire situation, and any repercussions which may result from any decisions.

And please bear in mind what is being said about the typing. People don't do it to bitch, they are trying to help. :)
  • Options
    Eugh.

So flaunt the rules, but you wont be getting any advice here. The people that bother to listen, on the other hand, will get plenty of good advice. Your loss. Hope the guys an asshole.
  • Options
    Shortys no one is trying to be nasty. You're new here and yes it takes a while to fit in. We are just trying to give you advice on how to do that quickly. the rules are there to help you as well.

Everyone here is reasonable and friendly and we all want to help. However, by using text speak you are well on your way to becoming unwanted and banned. Just change your ways. Make it easy for yourself to be liked and for us to read your posts and offer advice. ;)
  • Options
    u lot, trying to be help ful, i dont think so well not from what uv read ne way, calling me a bitch and stuff hmmm thats nice. well backatacha biatches, oh and i cudnt c wher it sed about txt talk, AND IF U CANT READ IT THEN DONT! ur not bothering me:o
  • Options
    u lot, trying to be help ful, i dont think so well not from what uv read ne way, calling me a bitch and stuff hmmm thats nice. well backatacha biatches, oh and i cudnt c wher it sed about txt talk, AND IF U CANT READ IT THEN DONT! ur not bothering me:o

Charmed, I'm sure.
  • Options
    i think its a wind up, noone would be that stupid.
  • Options
    Re: Help Please!
    ok,iv had loads of bloke trouble b4 so before i get into any again i want ur advice, ill b quick though! me n this bloke used2get on really well, nothin physical happened, cept he hada gf n she got jealous n didnt like me spking2him, i duno y nothing happened. anyway, theyv split up n hes being really nice. fliriting like he used2but more. i really like him but just dunno what to do??? HELP PLS B4 I MAKE NE MOR MISTAKES! thabnx
    :eek: :eek2: :crazyeyes :lol:
  • Options
    Sounds like he's not interested. Wonder why.....? :rolleyes:
  • Options

U iz 1 crzy g.

Bo Selecta.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Speedo

U iz 1 crzy g.

Bo Selecta.

Heh. Funniest post I've read this morning. Innit.