Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

My boyfriend's EX girlfriend!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone. I'm new to this site, but I have a question that I really need some help understanding. My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months today. We have a great relationship, we never fight, and we enjoy having fun together. The only problem is that my boyfriends ex girlfriend calls him every morning around 8, and somtimes she calls him on her break at work, which is 12 at night. I'm not worried as far as cheating goes b/c I know he would never hurt me. I'm 18, and he is 22. We've talked about this before. He says he is her only friend b/c she is such a bitch to everyone. He thinks that she is the way she is b/c of how he treated her in their past relationship. It makes me angry b/c we will be spending time together in the morning before he goes to work and the phone will ring, and he will get up and answer it. I think she calls to get back at me too. How should I handle this situation? Please help me!

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps you could tell your boyfriend that although you don't mind him being friends with his ex because you trust him, you don't like her calling so early in the morning because it annoys you!
  • Options
    I think she calls to get back at me too

Why does she want to get back at you?

This will only cause an argument between your bf and you, can you not just let it go. You ain't really that Inconvenienced with her calls if it's only twice a day

and your bf already feel sorry for her so you nagging him about the phone calls will only make her look more better to him, just bite your tongue and it may stop!

But are you sure nothing else is going on apart from them just talking?
  • Options
    i reckon you should tell your bf how u feel. Other wise sumthing could happen, i dont mean your bf movin in i mean the ex
  • Options
    Tell your boyfriend that you aren't comfortable with his ex calling at such times, like early in the morning. It's wonderful that you evidently have such a strong relationship that you can trust him. You should be applauded for that. Tell him how you feel, or else you'll get all wound up. That's never good for any relationship. :)
  • Options
    Do you think she wants him back? its an ideal way isnt it. Get you wound up and hope that you start arguing with your boyfriend, the only way she knows how, its to keep phoning him especially when youre there.
    I think he should lose all contact with her. Obviously if he sees her in the street or whatever just say hello but thats all. I could not have an EX keeping in contact to this degree and to be honest your fella needs to try and stop it.
    This I think will not at the present time but later on in the relationship cause problems, shes in his past and he needs to lose the baggage now before it does cause problems.

Just a thought does he have children with her? Because then my view would be different:)