Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Getting hurt too much

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I can remember who it was for sure, i think it was rainbow but anyway, she said that i get hurt really easily and one of my friends has just said the same...

Your all right, i get hurt way to easily. is there something wrong with me or do other people have this?

A few years ago, i was never attached to anything... now its the opposite, i get too attached to people and i think thats why i get hurt so much.

whats wrong with me?

Comments

• Options
    *hugs*

Nothing is wrong with you, its just some peeps are easier to walk over than others, maybe your one of them. And I in no way mean this in a nasty way as it sounds, its just that, well, the more caring you are, the more peeps take you for granted, and the more likely you are to get hurt.

Just stand up for yourself abit more :)

We all get hurt, but just see it as a lesson youve learned, a mistake you wont make again, let it make you stronger.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    It was me. I do think you get hurt very very easily, from what ive read in your posts, but I also think you seem to be a lovely person - maybe a bit too nice? people take advantage. I dont know what you could do about it or even if you should do anything about it, as it an intrinsic part of your personality, and you shouldnt have to change yourself for anyone else. I think part of your trouble is that you take on other peoples problems as though they were your own, and once youve done that, its not a problem halved - its a problem doubled. also if you offer yourself as a crutch for someone to lean on when they are troubled - what happens when they feel better? they throw the crutch away!
    I think you need to have more respect for yourself. surround yourself with people who arent needy or those that will take take take and hurt you.
    I hope i didnt upset you in the previous post. best wishes
  • Options
    I think you get hurt because you seem needy!

It can be cute in girls but I doubt they like it too much if it’s the other way round.

Learn to stand on your own to feet and not rely on other people so much!

Sorry to sound harsh, shit morning
  • Options
    I get 'attached' quickly - my biggest downfall... I think it's because I fear rejection so much I cling on..