Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Early pregnancy signs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone here experienced v.early signs of pregnancy - as in within the 1st month of conceiving?

Just wondered.

Thanx.

Comments

• Options
    A missed period, swollen breasts?? i'm not sure.

There is some stuff on the site whcih may be more usefull to you than i can be Pregnancy

:)
  • Options
    some people experience pregnancy symptoms right from the start. with me, I just had a feeling I was. the next sign was all the veins on my boobs became more visible, that happens quite early on.
  • Options
    i found that my boobs became very sensitive and my period was late, i had an abortion at 6weeks so the sore boobs was before 6 weeks into my pregnancy
  • Options
    Boobs can get tender in early signs of pregnancy, however my boobs get tender a week before a period so dont just take the boobs tender as the only sign.

Beleive it or not a lot of people just know, they have a gut feeling.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Beleive it or not a lot of people just know, they have a gut feeling.

However at the same time there are some people who think they "just know". I know at least one girl who convinced herself she was pregnant, and made herself really really ill with worry over the whole thing.
  • Options
    I've had this thing where my stomach muscles have hurt a bit - and I wondered if anyone else had this - perhaps the ligaments stretching - or is it far too early for that?
    Also, my skin has been so sensitive - it has felt like it's been burnt it was so sensitive! :confused:
    I know it's really easy to *think up* symptoms, and i'm really paranoid, but I just want to know! It's too early to do a test too :confused::(
  • Options
    If you think your a month gone then you could do a test now but it wouldnt count for the past two weeks (if that makes sense)??it would be more accurate the later you do it,cause it might say your not at the mo when really you are.Wait to see if you miss a period,if you do then do a test straight away!
    Gudluck x
  • Options
    Thanks! I know the result will be better the longer I wait, and I really don't want a false negative. I'm due on Friday/Saturday.

Thing is my periods used to be around 30 days, but for the past few months it's gone down to 21/22 days in a cycle. So, do I take my period due date from my latest cycles...does that make any sense? :confused:
  • Options
    Yeh i understand what you mean..but i dont really know :confused: i used to be always irregular so i didnt really have a clue when i was due well not a specific day. Your cycle just might be sorting itself out now as it does when youve had your periods for a while. Wait till this fri/sat if it dont come well its only anotha week till it'll be 30 days,so just be patient and try not to worry yaself about it.Your probably just worrying about nothing...have you had any other signs like swollen breasts?going to the toilet a lot?or morning sickness?
    Hope everything goes ok for you!
  • Options
    most tests can be done on the first day of a missed period. clearblue test is the most accurate.
  • Options
    Hiya. Not got swollen breasts, but then I don't get that as a symptom when i've got my period anyway though.:confused: I think the main 2 things that have got my thinking are my stomach muscles hurting for no reason, and having v.v.touch sensitive skin. I dunno...there's nothing yo can do but wait I suppose. :(
  • Options
    What do you mean-you dont get swolen breasts when your on your period?if thats what ya meant then just because you dont get it when your on your period doesnt mean that you wont get it if you are pregnant!I think your probably just worrying about nothing,just give it a week or two and then decide what to do.Your stomach muscles hurting could be to do with some sort of exercise or if youve bent down awkwardly.Early pregnancy signs can be hard to detect so give it time :)
  • Options
    If you are pregnant there may be no signs at all. I strongly suggest calling your GP or someone like Brook Advisory:

http://www.thesite.org/info/helplines/

Some people have signs such as sore or tingling breasts, needing to pee more often, feeling tired, and so on.

The most imprtant thing is not to find out about signs, it's to speak to the experts about whether you can do a test yet or not.
  • Options
    Will do. Will go to the FPA after work. thanx everyone
  • Options
    just remembered i had morning sickness too...that can start quite soon on into the pregnancy too.

Some people do have a gut feeling...the period i had before i was pregnant was really late, i was sure i was pregnant that time, but i wasnt...next period due..just thought it was late and i was preggers..dont go on gut feelings

just make sure you get a pregnancy test done if you are late for your period.
  • Options
    Yep you can take some from the very 1st day of a missed period, and you don't get false postive results.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Deeeeb
    Yep you can take some from the very 1st day of a missed period, and you don't get false postive results.

as long as you know exactly when you're due. What if you don't?:confused:
  • Options
    I didnt know when i was due so i left it till it felt like i should haver come on by now, then did one.
  • Options
    How was your pregnancy? Did it go smoothly etc? I can't wait to have kids. :D
  • Options
    I've just done a test, and a faint like came up in the 'pregnant' box - but in the wrong direction as it shows on the box? Help? :confused::confused:
  • Options
    I mean it was really faint, so it's probably nothing
  • Options
    You should ring up a helpline like Brook Advisory and speak to someone today:

http://www.thesite.org/info/helplines/#sex

You might have to go in for a test at a clinic. On the other hand, you may be reading the test wrong.

On a standard home test there are two windows, and you pee on the end of the stick. If you get one window with a blue line and one window with no line, it means the test is working properly but you are not pregnant. If you get two windows with no line it means the test hasn't worked properly and the results are not reliable. A blue line in both windows means you're pregnant.

But speak to Brook anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MsWhite
    I've just done a test, and a faint like came up in the 'pregnant' box - but in the wrong direction as it shows on the box? Help? :confused::confused:

That shouldn't happen, whether u are pregnant or not. I've done a test before where a slight blur of colour was in the pregnant box, but it was negative. You really should do another test. You can buy them for £2.99 in local pharmacies rather than buying the £10 brand names. They're just as accurate.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I didnt know when i was due so i left it till it felt like i should haver come on by now, then did one.

yeah it was fine, hardly any sickness. just didnt really like the beached whale effect - i put on 4 stone!
    it went smoothly apart from baby being born prematurely but he was fine :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilson-Youth
    trust a lad to think of this...

but have you had (unprotected) sex recently???

id say thats a big factor in the chance of being pregnant thingy....
    I would say that was obvious......:confused:
  • Options
    Hiya
    Yeah, I did have unprotected sex but it's with my partner of 2 years. It was an accident, and I meant to go and get the AM pill, but I was so busy with work I didn't have time/forgot.

I'm going to the Doctor on Tuesday, so should know one way or another by then! :nervous:
  • Options
    Well good luck and everything :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lovedup

That shouldn't happen, whether u are pregnant or not. I've done a test before where a slight blur of colour was in the pregnant box, but it was negative. You really should do another test. You can buy them for £2.99 in local pharmacies rather than buying the £10 brand names. They're just as accurate.

Are you sure you can get them that cheap? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Britney

Are you sure you can get them that cheap? :confused:

theyve got them for about £2 in my local savers chemist!
  • Options
    Isn't it just the brand ones which are more expensive.....?