Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

endangered life

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello
Help me with your words of wisdom!!

My boyfriend likes to have a drink and I'm often astounded by his ability to keep on pouring himself a drink when he's actually incapable of lifting the glass anymore.
A few times he has done stupid stuff like get in fights, fall asleep in a hedge etc...however he has also managed to fall asleep holding a lit cigarette several times and in our old flat there were various cigarette burns all over the carpet.

we recently bought our own house and one of the nice things I bought for it was a white wool rug. (£60 in the Ikea sale)

So...lastnight I woke up at 4.30 am to find his side of the bed empty, wandered down stairs to find him lying in-front of the gas fire which was on full (One of those face coal effect things) with a glass of unfinnished wine beside him. As I went to turn off the fire I found the Filter bit of a cigarette next to a trail of ash and a big brown scorch mark in my lovely new rug.

I was really annoyed and had a bit of a go, then (After he'd left for the spare room) I wrote him a note asking him to please put the smoke alarm up in the hall so that at least if There was a fire I'd have a chance of escape. I also told him that the rug cost me £60, though as it was in the sale he may find when he goes to buy me a new one, that it now costs a little bit more.

I added a few other things that had been bugging me which was probably out of order but Hey I was a wee bit pissed off......

Anyway - now he's not talking to me. No phone call all day, blank expressions this morning, absolutely no discussion or reaction to my note.

Now I'm in working wondering if there realy is any point in me going home as he'll have a face like a slapped arse and I'll feel guilty and he'll get away with it again!!

Should I go into town and have a few drinks or go home and make him talk? Was I out of order?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Typical. Did he even apologise?

Maybe go and talk to him, say you were sorry you had a go but you were upset, it's dangerous and you had been bottling things up. Good luck.