Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Worst Time Ever

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello

You may remember me from a while back.

My girlfriend of 3 years went on holiday recently and she rang to told me she had drunkingly snogged some bloke.
When she returned, we moved in together and announced our engagement as we had been planning to do for about 6 months. All good, until...........
First, she told me that she had slept with somebody, but she was really drunk and felt really bad and it meant nothing.
Then she tells me that the bloke she slept with went to the same club as her and her friends go to, and she still goes.
Then she says that she is going to university.
But all the while she says she loves me and never meant to hurt me and wants to try to make it work long distance. Before we moved in together it was long distance.

I just dont know how to act or be, i feel so upset, its like i haven't managed to sort one problem out then another comes.
She goes next saturday, and im desperate not to lose her as i love her so much.

What should i do??????????

Any ideas?

Stuart:confused:
________
COACH HANDBAGS

Comments

• Options
    For one thing, trust me, it can be a shitload worse.

Maybe it really was a mistake, maybe it wasn't. I guess you can't know for sure.

If people are going to leave then they are going to leave. Not much you can do. But I guess you need to talk to her about all this stuff that's upsetting you. Talk about the long distance thing and why you're worried or whatever. And try to enjoy the last bit of time you have with her. The last thing you want is for her to go away on a bitter ending.

I doubt if that helps but I'm sorry.

Good luck hun. :)
  • Options
    Enjoy the last of your time together and make it fun! At the end of the day, she did tell you and I know it hurts more than anything but just think that she loves you and respects you and that is why she told you..

The long distance thing..... that comes down to 1 thing... TRUST. Do you trust her enough that when she is away at Uni, that nothing is going to happen? Because without truat, there is no relationship! If you dont trust her, things will get worse and worse and you'll end up hurting each other immensely! If you dont rust her, finish it now even though it hurts. Its better in the long run and then at least in the future, oyu might have a chance!

sorry if thats not what you wanna hear, but from past experience - no trust - no point! :eek: