Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

how bad is this...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok here goes...this happened like minutes ago.

Well, this started months ago. I went to France to camp with my mate, and he has some long distance friends who go there every year....

Ok, I met this lass, we started texting. We where getting on real well yet sometimes I would text her she wouldn't reply (how F'kin annoying?!). I get a msg last nite "i'll txt u 2morow, off to bed now" ...ok ok ok..

Come today, no txt. hmmm. So I start texting her with no reply. WTF! What she playin at? I start sending more and more and she still aint replying. I sent one last one saying how mugged off I was about her not replying, and that if owts wrong she should come out and say it...

I get a reply..yeppe!! It reads along the lines of:

"I have been at the hospital all day, my relative has been in a carcrash...thats why i didnt txt u."

...........shittity pickety,

Is this bad? What do I do?! I already replied saying sorry and stuff, and saying I'm sorry for beeing a shi*head.

:(:(:(

Comments

• Options
    If someone doesn't reply, yeah it can be annoying - but I don't keep texting them until they finally reply!! :eek:

If you wanted to get in touch that badly, why didn't you just ring her? :rolleyes:

Also, texting is really expensive - that's my main reason for not replying to people all the time!

As for your problem, don't worry bout it - give her space, stop texting her, and let her get in touch when she feels like the time is right.
  • Options
    Perhaps you could give her a call saying you are sorry to hear about her relative, hope everything is ok, that way you can speak to her and not wonder why she hasn't replied etc. :)
  • Options
    For God's sake phone her!

Human contact at a time like this is really soothing. Better that than some unemotional message, let her know that you are thinking about her...

*curses txt messaging
  • Options
    What is it with impatient people these days??? For crying out loud! If someone doesn't reply it doesn't necessarily mean they are ignoring you. Did you ever think that she didn't get the damned message? Yes, it turned out to be a horrible reason, but it could have been any number of innocuous reasons--phone on silent, didn't hear it, phone in a different room, in classes, in meetings, dead phone battery. Stop harrassing the poor girl!
  • Options
    Just call her and explain to her why you kept txting her, you may have ruined things now though, if I was her I would tell you to piss off and stop being so annoying You should have just acted cool and played a little hard to get!!(Just my point of view!):naughty: :thumb:
  • Options
    Completely agree with angel.

You may have come on too strong with all the texting. you now need a serious recovery plan! :eek: ;)