Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

I don't know if this is the right place to put this but...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my dad is going to separate from my mum. Wow. I never in a million years thought I'd be saying that. We are not one of those typical families who separate. I'm not talking to my mum at the moment because she has changed a lot and today after a whole 2 weeks of solid arguing my dad has told me that he agrees with me and that he will separate from her cos shes making him as sick of her as i am. I wanna live with him but he said he wants at least half of the house money cos he paid for it. I love my mum still and I feel so hurt and confused but mainly numb. Sorry for ranting on. I just can't believe it. My dad also doesnt want me to talk to my nan and grandad either.

Comments

• Options
    My mum and dad have been arguing a bit lately.

One of them slept on the sofa last night and the other terrified me because he was in such a bad mood.

Once my mum wanted to leave so much that she was going to leave me and my brother with my dad and go back to Essex (which is a about a two hour train journey away).

I hate living in this house sometimes. I can't wait to leave.

I'm sorry everything has gone so badly for you. So has he said you can't live with him or not? I got a bit confused there.

I'm not very helpful today. Sorry.
  • Options
    He said I could definately live with him. I'm not speaking to my mum. I can hear them arguing right now.:(
  • Options
    I'm sorry hun. I remember when my mum mentioned moving away. I sat there crying for ages while talking to a friend. It was horrible because I didn't want to know that. I was happy with my mum and dad together and the thought that she'd leave me with my dad upset me so much.

How has your mum changed? Tell me if I'm being too nosey.
  • Options
    To my knowledge my mum and dad had never argued...well not in front of me. Then at the end of last year they argued constantly non stop...they both changed, they were both really bitter about everything. Then my mum had a nervous breakdown and my dad buggered off for 2 months leaving me with my mum...not nice to be in the middle is it :(
  • Options
    Advice and contacts:

http://www.thesite.org/info/relationships/divorce/
    Especially and article called Split Feelings
  • Options
    Aww i'm sorry to hear this, but in this day and age it's happening all the time unfortunately, hope everything works out for you!:)
  • Options
    Re: I don't know if this is the right place to put this but...

Hey there, it sounds like you're a in a bit of a horrible situation at the moment. Whether you were expecting it or not, it's never nice when your parents split up. Aside from anything else, they're your stability and no doubt you feel like this is being taken from beneath you at the moment.

No matter how you feel towards your Mum at the moment, try to remember that she may also be going through a hard time. You don't say in what way she has changed recently and so it is hard to comment on that without a little more information.

I can understand you wanting to live with your Dad but he has no right to tell you who you can and can't talk to. You Nan and Grandad are your family and he shouldn't put you in a situation where you have to choose between family members.
    Explain to him that at a time like this you need all the help and support that you can get .....

Good luck and keep posting. It's always good to get things out of your system. xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by jellygirl16
    He said I could definately live with him. I'm not speaking to my mum. I can hear them arguing right now.:(

*Big Hug*

Sorry to hear about parents princess.

Hope all works out well :);):)
  • Options
    Thanx.:( :(:(