Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

smile? ermm how?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
oh i feel so crap
i keep crying and crying and when im not crying its only because im drinking
i dont know what to do
i split up with my boyfriend and i miss him a lot, i dont want him back tho, and i dont want anyone else either
i want to love me before anyone else. i just dont know how to go about doin that?

Comments

• Options
    Stop drinking for a start.

Get yourself a nice new image. Buy some new clothes which make you feel good and go out for a few girly nights out with your friends.
  • Options
    Don't stay on your own as well!!

Get your mates around and try and not be left alone and just keep your mind on other things!

As BumbleBee said stop the drink!
  • Options
    Re: smile? ermm how?!
    Originally posted by tittletattle
    i keep crying and crying and when im not crying its only because im drinking
    It's already been pointed out by both Harmless and BumbleBee that drinking is not going to help matters. It may make you feel better in the short term because it takes your mind off your problems but you must remember that alcohol is a depressant and not a stimulant therefore eventually making you feel worse than you did to start with. It's a vicious circle ... you drink to feel better about things yet the drink makes you feel worse causing you to drink more. It's not a nice road to go down.
    i dont know what to do
    Well, you've not made a bad start. You've admitted to yourself that you're not happy. You've come on here and shared your problem therefore halving it (or something like that). Just remember to take one step at a time. You can't expect to work miracles and suddenly wake up loving yourself over night. In all honesty most people don't think too highly of themselves but your opinion of yourself at the moment is clearly lower than the majority.

You want to start loving yourself right? But you don't know how to do it? How about you start by learning to like yourself first .... just a wee step in the right direction. Maybe you could write a list of all of your good points or of all of the nice things that you have done for people recently. Look back over the past however long and see if you can work out where this problem originated from. Maybe if you can locate the source of the problem it will be easier to get through this bad patch.

I'm not sure what else to say except for stop the drinking and remember that we are all here for you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    go out for a few girly nights out with your friends.

That doesn't always work. I went out on a couple of girly nights and ended up sitting there feeling so lonely. And another time I actually started crying in front of them and going home I was that unhappy.
    Originally posted by tittletattle
    i dont want anyone else either

I get that completely. Probably for different reasons to you.

I was in...well, how to define, a relationship which wasn't good for me and he wasn't great to me sometimes but I still want him back because I'm a stupid twat who can't be alone.

Then I got with someone else for...a fling and he didn't want me either. I'm fairly okay with this but the whole way it ended forced me to start thinking back to this previous relationship and how bad it was at times. I'm probably in no way the same as you. I have a few problems and the last month or so everything has gotten really bad for me.
    I guess the point of this is that maybe it's for some deeper reason? You want to like yourself but what stops you from doing so? I know the problem with me and that is a no go area for now as I don't talk well with strangers.

The drinking thing, I get that too. Only seem to be getting myself pissed lately to stop thinking about all the crap. It's not a good idea and it's a bad example to set. I hate the thought that other people could ever feel slightly as bad as I do.

I've not been much help and have mainly rambled about myself. But if you ever want to talk I'm only a PM away. Or you can add me to msn if you want.

I guess basically I shall reiterate what Loopi said. Beurgh. I am really not helpful tonight and I'm sure all that was totally irrelevant.

:(