Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Never Been Kissed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 15 years old and never been kissed. I'm also quite terrified. Ok, here's the deal, every time I go to the dancing each Saturday, I think, right, I'm gonna do it tonight. But then I actually get there and it's a whole new story. I usually mumble I've got a boyfriend or completely avoid any guy who seems interested in me. My friends have really started to pressure me into this and I can't be bothered with their hassle, but I do not want to be legal in a few months and not even kissed a guy. I don't even know how!!! And also, if a girl kisses crapily, do guys go and tell their friends? I don't want to be known as the worst in the clubs or anything... If anyone can help me out here it would be great!

Comments

• Options
    Deeeb are you trying to play a joke...?

If its not you then I guess you take your time and don't let your mates pressure you into things your not ready for as it will only make you regret it... ;):)
  • Options
    The only thing i can say is breathe and dont worry! :)
  • Options
    I think friends' parties are better, everyone gets drunk and gets off with everyone, and I mean everyone...
    Plus you shouldn't get pressured into kissing anyone.
  • Options
    Relax. Don't let your so called mates pressure you into anything you don't want to do. They aren't proper mates if they make you feel bad are they?!
  • Options
    I'd never kissed anyone til I was 16, and if everyone in the world was honest, then the number of people of your age who actually admit to not having got off with anyone would be very different to the real number!! People dont like to admit they're a late starter or whatever so well done. And you mention 'being legal' well I dont wanna get preachy on you but to say it as you did sounds as if you just wanna grow up, be 16 and have sex as soon as possible, but sex in the wrong place (ooh er missus) and wrong situation can cause a lot of pain. It's a gift, use it wisely, and in terms of kissing and stuff, your time will come, it does to everyone but at different times because we're all different and learn things in different ways. And as other people have said, real friends wont push you into things, dont let your friends egotistical pressure and attitude push you into doing things for the hell of it. You'll find the right person, really you will.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay2k
    The only thing i can say is breathe and dont worry! :)

"Always remember to breathe".

Great advice. Forgot who said it. And I paraphrased it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle

Well some people forget....! :p
  • Options
    Hey i was exactly the same when i hadnt kissed anyone. It always seems that everyone has and your the only one who hasnt! Believe me when you actually do it you'll be thinking what the hell was i scared of! Its no big deal once its done its just getting it over with. If your really scared then practice on your hand or somet (lol might sound sad but its worth a try)! You just need to gently move your lips and once you do it again and again you perfect it! Everyone kisses different so nobodys a good or bad kisser and if you dont tell them they'll probably never know its your first time! Good luck and just take the chance and get it over with-then it wont be abig deal no more.
    :D
  • Options
    Dont worry about it. I was 15 when I first kissed a boy! I went to an all girls school and never got the chance to meet any boys til I started going to the Under 18's discos!! I worried for ages about it but in the end I just gave up trying to get a snog...and then had a few offers all at once! lol Just try not to worry about it, and maybe make some new friends if your's are pressuring you about something as simple as a snog they're not very nice mates! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by madinthenut
    Deeeb are you trying to play a joke...?

No i'm not!!

Somebody pinched my name :p (well mine was deeby doo same principle) of all the crap names in the world.....
  • Options
    There is some stuff on the site about kissing which you may find usefull :)

Kissing
  • Options
    Be wary of listening to, and reading too much, advice. Don't make the mistake of trying to remember all that when you should just be enjoying the moment. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    dont let your friends pressure you into things. once you have kissed someone it wont seem like such a big deal---then it will be onto sex!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I remember my first kiss when I was 15. It was with this bad boy in my year and it was at a manics concert. :)

He took me outside and kissed me. I was so shocked/scared/pleased.

We stayed friends ever since, but he died last year suddenly. :(

You never forget your first kiss ;)
  • Options
    Dont worry I was nearly 17 when I first kissed someone!!!!
    Im making up for it now though ;)

You just need to not worry about it, it really is no big deal! Just go with the flow and relax and to be honest everyone has there own kissing techniques so there is no right or wrong way about it. As for being legal and never kissed anyone, I was the same! And now peeps would never know, most of my mates dont know that when I met them in college I had never kissed anyone.
  • Options
    Hey huni!
    Look, I'm 16 and know EXACTLY how you feel.
    My first kiss was a few months ago: I was very very scared but afterwards, I thought to myself, what was the fuss about?!
    listen to me when I say...it's not as scary as you think.
    Out of my group of friends, I was the one of the last people to kiss a guy. And, of course, people do lie about when they first kiss a guy.....so, don't feel pressured.
    If your mates wanna get off with ppl, they can, and if you don't feel ready, don't.
    The worst thing you can do, is rush into it with a guy you don't have feelings for. Believe me, I know.
    So, relax, Not all of us are getting intimate...so don't feel you have to!
    Don't Be a Sheep....Be Your Own Person.
    Love, Beth xXx :D
  • Options
    Don't worry, i didn't kiss for the first time till i was 17. It doesn't matter. If that's what your mates judge you on, then they're shallow. Be happy with knowing you want to do it, and with the right person first. And with someone you trust.

Good luck. And enjoy!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle

Title of Janice Galloway's book, "The Trick Is To Keep Breathing" maybe ? :)

About the kissing, seriously, don't worry. In the end, it's just a kiss, and shouldn't be remembered as something which you did just to get over it.
    Take it from me, the worst thing is to know that you have shared spit with someone totally minging!
  • Options
    My first kiss was when i was 15 with someone i thought i loved - it jsut goes to show peoples views on love it was just a crush :D

The tiem will come and when it does it will be Perfect!
  • Options
    erm - I was 18,5 when a boy kissed me for the first time :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by **Cinderella**
    If your really scared then practice on your hand or somet (lol might sound sad but its worth a try)! :D

Ha Ha .I "practised" on a cushion for two years.:o

My first kiss was at 15 ,and as you can see above it had been on my mind for 2 years.

My first "proper " boyfriend was at 19.

I used to be pretty depressed about it, but I've not been single since (20 years) and I rather regret that now.

Like everyone says try not to worry about it or as someone said take the party approach. you're drunk they're drunk get it over with. tho not too drunk.

aah alchohol the cause and solution to all lifes problems:naughty:
  • Options
    yeah i agree, have some alcohol to make u a bit more relaxed. If theres none available then just try kissin anyway.
    this might sound pervy but take a sneak peak at what ur mates are doing. Kissing is pretty simple really but just follow what he does 1st of all. I doubt he'd go running to his mates saying you were a crap snog, and you might not be!

every1 kisses differently, some use more tongue than others, some ppl go fast, some slow
    as soon as its over you'll be thinkin what all the fuss was about
    i'd say just get it over with and then you can find someone you really like to practice on ;)
  • Options
    Seriously there is no need to worry, take it as it comes is my motto. My first time was great....i was goin like a pro and we both couldn't get enough. Get your tongue in a rythmetic motion and away you go....hey presto!
  • Options
    My first kiss at tender age of 12 :D and i been told ever since that im a good kisser :p , if he wants to do it just go with the flow do wat he does, but dont let ur m8s pressure u into it.
    My first kiss was 12 and girl was absolutely wasted, she remember'd it that skool day ( snog at under 19s disco) and her friends thought i was a dude so its not that bigger deal, i thought i was only one who hadnt taken that step but i found out other day like tonnes hadnt :D just if they start to eat u run for ur life