Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Ex's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How many of you fine people would consider it 'O.K' to continue sleeping with your ex from time to time even though we are both in other relationships??

just asking for a friend of course ;)

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps i should have read the users guide before posting this!! oh well! *waits for it to be moved* :s
  • Options
    First i would post in RELATIONSHIPS then think about it. I wouldn't I would only ever sleep with someone i truly loved. I would not love an Ex!
  • Options
    That's wrong!

I wouldn't consider it at all

(What forum am I in?:confused: )
  • Options
    Re: Ex's
    Originally posted by Geezer-m8
    How many of you fine people would consider it 'O.K' to continue sleeping with your ex from time to time even though we are both in other relationships??

That's the situation I'm in at the moment. It's just an occasional thing though - a couple of times in the past month since we split up. We stayed friends, and are friends and fuck buddies now.
    Having said that, both of us know it's not a great idea, but can't resist. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    If you're both in another relationship then no I think it's wrong, it's not fair on your partners. If however, u weren't in another relationship then I don't see the harm in it as long as u both know exactly where u stand with each other from the beginning.
  • Options
    I think it wouldn't be right if you were both in other relationships, things could get to complicated.
  • Options
    It'll all end in tears, you mark my words. Oh yes. Moo.
  • Options
    Well, if you're both in a relationship, it's cheating innit. End of.
  • Options
    Um, have been there, done that, it's not an ideal situation, i know, but it's easy, i suppose is the best way to put it... you know where you are with an ex, what makes them tick etc. But you do have to make sure neither of you have any residual feelings for the other, otherwiase one of you is gonna feel crap cos the other didn't ring. And no, the everyone in another relationship thing is not ideal - tis BAD!
  • Options
    it could of only ended in disaster.
  • Options
    Re: Ex's
    Originally posted by Geezer-m8

Doh, I misread this when I replied. I thought it said would you consider it OK if you weren't in other relationships. Doh.
    My current situation is that I have occasionally slept with my ex, and neither of us are in other relationships. If either of us met someone, then we would stop sleeping together.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    no its definitely not ok - its your current partners that i feel sorry for! if you split up with your ex then it was obviously for a good reason. you are now in a new relationship - move on!
  • Options
    been there and damaged my life and others through that behaviour. took me a long time to learn.....why hurt other people who you care about, for a few moments pleasure ?
    and those who seek pleasure.....rarely find happiness. when you truly learn the difference and base your decisions on the happiness of others and then yourself.....a lot of pleasure appears as if by magic.
  • Options
    You can't like your new partners very much if you feel the need to shag old ones...
  • Options
    Have done in the past but my mind and morals have somewhat changed for the better! Sir Cum is right in saying that you shouldn't need to if you have any respect or feelings for your current partner. It's dangerous ground. . .
  • Options
    Definate no no
  • Options
    I don't have a b/f now, but I do still sleep with me ex. Or at least I did.....I think he texted me last night to tell me he had met someone new, although that never stopped him before :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Baby
    I don't have a b/f now, but I do still sleep with me ex. Or at least I did.....I think he texted me last night to tell me he had met someone new, although that never stopped him before :rolleyes:

Should stop you sleeping with him though, surely?
  • Options
    It's not her responisbility not to though; it's his, he's the one in the relationship, and therefore he's the one that should by trying to stay faithful.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    It's not her responisbility not to though; it's his, he's the one in the relationship, and therefore he's the one that should by trying to stay faithful.

but surely you should try to help them stay faithful by not sleeping with them while they're in another relastionship?
    if they then chose to end the new relationship to be with you then the new relationship wasnt meant to be and now neither of you are doing anything wrong as neither of you are seeing anyone else
  • Options

Dont agree. Its morally wrong. What would you think of your partners ex if she was still shagging him with the knowledge that he was with you?
  • Options
    God if I could I'd sleep with everyone of my exgirl firends. In fact I'ld like to have em all in one room so we could have a big orgy. I know at least a couple of them were bi. But alas, I'm not in a relationship. I think this topic should be labeled "is it ok to cheat" b/c its irrelovent that your cheating with your ex. Like that's suppose to justify it. No no, you mustn't cheat, unless its with your ex of course (sarcasm)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bandit4911

Dont agree. Its morally wrong. What would you think of your partners ex if she was still shagging him with the knowledge that he was with you?

I wouldn't blame her, i would blame him. He's the one that has gotten into a relationship, he's the one that should make the effort to stay faithful. I'm not saying that it's neccessarialy right, but that's how i feel about it - if i go with someone, and they have a g/f (which i don't do anymore, because it's got me into FAR too much trouble before!), it's not my responsibility to keep them for cheating, and actually, if they are thinking of cheating there are obvious cracks in the relationship.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    been there and damaged my life and others through that behaviour. took me a long time to learn.....why hurt other people who you care about, for a few moments pleasure ?
    and those who seek pleasure.....rarely find happiness. when you truly learn the difference and base your decisions on the happiness of others and then yourself.....a lot of pleasure appears as if by magic.

Some wise words. *is impressed*

I'd have to say that cheating is cheating. And taking that out of the picture too, sleeping with an ex is a good way to mess up your head and give yourself complexes. Much better to steer clear.
  • Options

I wouldn't blame her, i would blame him. He's the one that has gotten into a relationship, he's the one that should make the effort to stay faithful. I'm not saying that it's neccessarialy right, but that's how i feel about it - if i go with someone, and they have a g/f (which i don't do anymore, because it's got me into FAR too much trouble before!), it's not my responsibility to keep them for cheating, and actually, if they are thinking of cheating there are obvious cracks in the relationship.

so basically its ok for a guy to cheat as long as hes not cheating on you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bandit4911

I didn't know that he had a long term girlfriend though, so needless to say when I did find out I was less than impressed.