Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Something wrong with me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm a bit worried about my appetite today.

i woke up and had a bowl of cereal, as per usual then left for work after getting ready.
then when i got to work i had a fudge brownie and a cheese roulade pastry type thingy.
not long after that i had a tuna cucumber sandwhich.
then i had an apple and cinnamon muffin.
then a granola bar, a flapjack type thing with oats n nuts n fruit and stuff.
then i had my break and got a super size macdonalds chicken nugget meal.
then a large bag of crisps.
then half a club sandwhich and half a cheese and ham toasted sandwhich.
then a snickers big one and a twix on the bus.
then i got home about 15 minutes ago but im still hungry. i've just had a peperami and another pack of crisps and 2 sandwhiches made from beef left from the sunday roast (yum) and i've got some chicken in the oven but i get the feeling im still not going to be even slightly full after that.
also, i would've eaten more at work but i had to do some work as well so couldnt find the time.
i know none of the above is the healthiest of foods but surely it should'nt have left me so hungry.

i havent missed any meals recently and havent done any strenuous exercise or anything remotely strenuous (sadly).

and last week my breakfast consisted of a bowl of cereal, packet of crisps, an apple, 6 pieces of bacon, then i was so hungry again after my twenty minute bus journey i had to run into macdonalds and get a supersize mac chicken sandwhich meal and a kit kat McFlurry and then ate as per normal throughtout the day.
:eek:

someone suggested it might be through worrying about something but i havent got anything planned for the near future to worry me and if at all possible i try not to think about anything. ever. (it gives you wrinkles,you see)

someone else reckons that i've got one of those worms inside me:nervous:

or am i just a greedy bastard?

what do y'all think?

ATK
(aka the bottomless pit)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well if you think its worms then you should prbably see a doctor...but u would have other symptons than just a large appitite if it is worms.it could be worry or like you said...you could just be greedy today ;)

good luck

xxxxxxxx
    other symptons like what?

a friends mum reckons its cos i've got hollow legs but i somehow doubt that
    Well an itchy arse really! soz to be crude!

my aunts a nurse so this is how i know this
    also you would see the worms in your sh*te if you had them
    if you really think ther is a problem though u should see your doctor

Good luck

xxxxx:)
    nah no worms in me shite i dont think

still bloody starvin tho. add to the list 2 apples some more crisps some bolagnese and chips and im still bloody starving!!!
    i like your avatar by the way :)
    yeah me too :cool:
    looks a little dodgy...kinda reminds me of a drunken old man at a wedding party oogling young girls

still like it though :)
    look
    yeah, alex, you're a pig :p

Nah, but you've always eaten a lot, and you've got a high metabolism, and i know other people that eat a lot, and ifyou burn it off it's all good, cos you're not exactly fat! See your doctor if you're worried though.
    yeah but im not doin nothing to burn it off tho thats why im worried. i got to work, i come home, i go sleep. i wake up i go to work, i come home, i go to sleep. i dont understand where its all going. thats why im worried.
    Re: Something wrong with me?
    Originally posted by AlexTheKing
    someone else reckons that i've got one of those worms inside me

Just "one" of those worms???? Sounds like you got a whole extended family of pythons in your tummy! :D

Only joking! It could well have something to do with your age and your metabolism - my brother eats like a Sumo wrestler and he's perfectly healthy but still very slim. But then he does wank a lot, dirty 'lil bastard!

As others have said, if you did have worms, you'd notice an itchy arse and little white threadlike worms in your doo-doo ...
    Hi Alex,

Just looking at what you've eaten on one day is not an accurate way of assessing your diet! Try not to worry too much.
    :)

A few things: some people feel hungry when they are actually thirsty so make sure you're drinking enough water, growth spurts etc can cause hungry days, and if you're really worried then it's time to go to the docs.
    One thing people haven't suggested is age. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? If like me, during the teenage years I was always eating (I still do but don't put on an weight). If you're still growing, then your body needs extra food to build your body.

Apart from that, if there are no other symptoms then don't worry :) .
    im 17. yeah its probably just a growth thing or sumthin. havent been quite so hungry today but still eaten more than usual.

ah well, if nothing else it should mean i'll be massive so i can be a wrestler. woooooooooooooooo
    teenage boys are renowned for having mega appetites. That does sound a hell of a lot, but youve probably got a high metabolism. unless its making you overweight, then you probably need the extra food.
    I eat like that all the time. I can eat a full meal and be hungry an hour later. I amaze people sometimes. Don't think there's anything wrong with it, but if it's not a normal thing for you (I've been like this for years), be careful that you don't start taking in more than you can metabolize. Or else you'll get gordisimo rápido.