Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Mingin mouths

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok me and my pals were sitting around talking the other day and we came on to the subject of STI's and as you probally all know you can actually get gonerea in your mouth (eg though oral sex) Ok so when you get this treated they check your throat too BUT does this mean that when you pull someone you could then catch gonerrea in your mouth?? No Jokes could it happen I have thought about this after going out on the pull and have read some leaflets and that but as you could imagine they dont talk about gonnerea in the mouth as it is not in your pannani and therefore not an STI....But I know you can get it in your mouth as one of my best mates had it! So guys Does anyone Really know the answer and if soooo would you still be prepared to go out on the pull???

Comments

• Options
    I don't know the answer but I fucking hope not! :)

I wouldn't be surprised if I found out that you could though - worrying that! :(
  • Options
    From Site.org STI pages

Gonorrhoea

What is it?
    An infection caused by gonococcus bacteria that is passed on during penetrative sex, oral sex and anal sex. The number of young people catching gonorrhoea ('the clap') in the UK is currently rising at an alarming rate.

What are the symptoms?

Symptoms start two to ten days after having sex with an infected person

Males
    Painful urination

Yellowish or creamy discharge from the penis

Tenderness in testicles

After anal sex - anal itching or discharge

After oral sex - sore throat and fever

One third of men have no symptoms

Females
    Painful urination

Yellow or greenish smelly vaginal discharge

After anal sex - anal itching or discharge

Over half of women have no symptoms
    Tests and treatment

The clinic will take a swab from the affected area and a urine sample. Treatment is normally a single large dose of penicillin (one tablet or an injection).

If it is left untreated

Males
    Inflamation of the testicles, possible infertility

Permanent narrowing of the urethra (urine tube in the penis)
    Females
    Pelvic inflammatory disease - fever, pain, infertility, ectopic pregnancy (the baby begins to grow in the fallopian tubes, not the womb).

A pregnant woman can infect her baby during the birth, which can blind the baby if it isn't treated.
    If you think you might have a sexually transmitted infection, sort it out straight away. Go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic, available at most large hospitals. GUM clinics give free and confidential advice and treatment. Or you can make an appointment to see your GP.

You reduce your risk of infection by avoiding unsafe sex and using condoms.

:confused:
  • Options
    This is what i am saying so can u pass it on by kissing????? Does anyone know ARRGGGG Im never on the pull again!!
  • Options
    lol! :nervous:
  • Options

Well if you have a sore thraot and fever that don't go away then you need to check it out

:yeees: :impissed: :yeees:

It's not that hard is it?
  • Options
    Yes But im not saying i have it im saying if you pull someone on a night out ...could you catch it doh!!! Just ,akes you think when you talk about clubbin and kissin;) :naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by trixibelle
    Yes But im not saying i have it im saying if you pull someone on a night out ...could you catch it doh!!! Just ,akes you think when you talk about clubbin and kissin;) :naughty:

Well you could walk across the road and get run over by bus with faulty breaks, what ya gonna do!!

Not ever leave your home again?

Come on, you go clubbing you take a risk just like everything else in life. Don't let this stop you from enjoying yourself

I doubt the risk of getting it through kissing is even that high!?:confused:
  • Options
    Yeah well I know all the run over by a bus stuff.... But to tell you the truth i dont really go out on the pull to clubs and that...
  • Options
    .... But to tell you the truth i dont really go out on the pull to clubs and that...

Why?:confused:
  • Options
    i dont know just doesnt appeal to me anymore and never really did ... plus i dont wanna be seen out every week on the pull with a diffrent lad and my 3 best buddies are male anyhow so they dont like it and at the end of the nite if i still wanna pull i could pull them!!!
  • Options
    i dont know just doesnt appeal to me anymore and never really did ... plus i dont wanna be seen out every week on the pull with a diffrent lad and my 3 best buddies are male anyhow so they dont like it and at the end of the nite if i still wanna pull i could pull them!!!

Okay then!

as long as your having fun tho!:D
  • Options
    unprotected sex, particularly oral sex, with a stranger is a big risk. I wouldnt like anyone stranges bits in my mouth without knowing where theyve been and when they were last cleaned!!:eek: :eek2:
  • Options
    Did anyone read this topic? She is asking CAN SHE CATCH IT VIA EVERYDAY COMMON AS MUCK SNOGGING?

Obviously, if you can, there isn't much she can do about it, apart from snogging someone while wearing one of those dental dam things!!!

Yellow or greenish smelly vaginal discharge
    I thought this was normal? :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Re: Mingin mouths
    Ok me and my pals were sitting around talking the other day and we came on to the subject of STI's and as you probally all know you can actually get gonerea in your mouth (eg though oral sex) Ok so when you get this treated they check your throat too BUT does this mean that when you pull someone you could then catch gonerrea in your mouth?? No Jokes could it happen I have thought about this after going out on the pull and have read some leaflets and that but as you could imagine they dont talk about gonnerea in the mouth as it is not in your pannani and therefore not an STI....But I know you can get it in your mouth as one of my best mates had it! So guys Does anyone Really know the answer and if soooo would you still be prepared to go out on the pull???

Did you put this through an Ali G-speak translator?
  • Options
    EHHHH????? What do you mean by that???
  • Options
    Hahaha!!!! ROFL