Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

little red spots!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey i was wondering everytime i do my bikini line i get little red spots, they go after a few days but how can i stop getting them all together? :)

Comments

• Options
    I don't think you can avoid them all together but you can stop so many appearing. Do your bikini line after you've had a hot bath or shower when the pores are open and make sure you moisturise the area well afterwards. I've heard baby oil is good for it too. If you take a paracetemol half an hour before you intend to do your bikini line that can help to stop red spots coming up as well.
  • Options
    Re: little red spots!
    Originally posted by babes r us
    hey i was wondering everytime i do my bikini line i get little red spots, they go after a few days but how can i stop getting them all together? :)

i get the same problem and ive asked about it before, sorry to take over your thread but, they seemed to have come up really bad latley and very noticable,:mad: and i'm going on holiday on sunday so they will probaly show through my bikini.... so does anyone else no anything that could make them go quickly before then? :confused:
  • Options
    Umm moisturiser?
    Or do it a week before you go?
  • Options
    I get them when shaving under my neck. Basically, some of the hairs are thicker than others. If you get one which the blade of the razor snags on, rather than cutting through completely, the hair will be pulled out, leaving a little red spot. The same applies to pulling them out with wax.
    Best things to do to prevent this are:

1. Have a bath before you do your bikini line.
    2. Shave (or wax) in the bathroom.
    3. Moisturise afterwards, if possible with something that's mildly antibacterial (so that the hair follicles don't get infected).
    4. To make them go really quickly is hard. I think you should keep the affected area as cool as possible, so that they don't stay as red. Apart from, that, I don't know of anything.
  • Options
    I think this is called folliculitis and you can get stuff for it in Boots, its called Ster-Zac if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    No its not foliclitus thats something else.....I trained for twoyears as a hairdresser and beauty therapist and one of the contraindications of waxxing is erethema (redness) and some bleeding You cant really make the spots go away but you could try using a decent after wax creme... It you are doing an at home wax I would probally advise against it as it only costs between 5-10 pounds at the beautitians.... Other than that Make sure the area is clean and dry before you wax, use a little bit of talc on the area as it will help apply the wax with the hair growth and hold the skin very very taut.. Then make sure you rip the wax of parrallel to the skin not upwards which causes brusing and bleeding....after two weeks exfoliate the area to avoid ingrowing hairs and if you still have loads of spots you could try having a hot wax bikini done at a salon instead it is a little more pricey but the pain isnt as bad i find. Although not many salons do it now days you may have to ask about.
  • Options
    thnx everyone! im doing a beauty therapy course its so good. we are learning ow to wax nest week and im getting my bikini line waxed but there is loadsa spots so i dont want people seeing them! thanx for all your advice it was helpful!! :D
  • Options
    I never get red spots. I use either hair removal cream for sensitive skin or I swear by my beard trimmer.
    A beard trimmer is perfect cos u can use it on a close shave setting or change the setting to 1-5 to trim. You can get one from an electrical shop for about £15. Cheaper then getting horrible red spots:)
  • Options
    I only ever get them when the hairs start growing back. I dont know how to get rid of them but they can be itchy as soon as they disappear possible shaving it regularly will prevent them? I really dont know
  • Options
    Sounds like a fun lesson! Makes a change from maths and geography!
  • Options
    i get red spots sometimes. The thing is.. when u shave make sure its a new razor, coz old ones will give u the spots.
    Some times what i do is instead of shavin up or down, i do sideways on top, for some reason everytime i do that, i never get the red spots.
    make sure ur in the shower tho, so its wet and hott, then when ur done its still gettin the water on it, to make it feel better..:)
    *Nelly
  • Options
    If you're gonna do your bikini line regularly, don't shave cos you can get ingrowing hairs which can scar. I'd recommend professional waxing, the first couple of times you get it done, you will get little red spots, but they fade after a couple of days, ad after that, you don't tend to get them really - the roots are eastier to pull out. Hope that helped a little.... Slightly off topic, but as a general idea.