Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

forever???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my boyfriend just sent me a text saying he wants to be with me forever!!!:eek:

i'm only 17 for god sake!!!! he's 21 though and keeps talking about grown up things like marriage and kids!! i'm bginning to get quite scared!!!

or do you think im over reacting????
________
Live Sex Webshows

Comments

• Options
    My ex used to be like that with me. I got scared too but I think u just need to talk to him about it. Have u told him that u aren't ready for that sort of commitment & stuff yet? If u haven't I think u need to! :)
  • Options
    Re: forever???
    Originally posted by Goldie
    my boyfriend just sent me a text saying he wants to be with me forever!!!:eek:

i'm only 17 for god sake!!!! he's 21 though and keeps talking about grown up things like marriage and kids!! i'm bginning to get quite scared!!!

or do you think im over reacting????

I think you are overreacting to be honest, i doubt he will hold you to it.

But just to be safe tell him you think he is moving to fast for your liking.

Just be careful not to hurt his feeling
  • Options
    Yeh I think you are over reacting, or maybe this just shows that you really arent that commited to your boyfriend? Else you wouldnt react this way.

Im only 17 and my boyfriend is 20 and we talk about being together forever, he's says Im his first and his last :o

I personally think its flattering when your boyfriend tells you he wants to be with you forever, when your in love then you only see yourself with that person for the rest of your life, thats how I feel so I love it when he tells me we will be together forever.

Dont take it so seriously!! Be flattered that he wants to spend the rest of his life with you:)
  • Options
    Ok, I am probably not the best person to answer this, as I have never been in a "real" relationship. I back out when things get too serious.

But I can totally understand you being freaked by this. Apperently you are only one year older than me, and I guess that like me you have other plans for your life than kids and marriage in the near future. And I really don't think that it is un-normal not to want to plan anything serious with your boyfriend. For gods sake, you're only 17... (I never got people who knew who they were going to marry from their teens, seems weird to me. But each to their own as they say).

Well my suggestion is that you shrug it off, and if you notice him talking about this kind of stuff a bit too much for your liking, than ask him whether it's something he is planning for the near future, or if it's only loud thinking. If you don't like his answer, then tell him your stand.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    I can completely understand you freaking out over this. I'm 23 and my boyfriend is 25 and we somehow ended up in a conversation about forever and kids and stuff the other day ..... and whilst we both would like to think that things will last, we are both quite realistic (cynical) about stuff. It's not that we don't want to be together in the future but who knows what tomorrow will bring (what a cliche I know)!!!

Personally I wouldn't mention anything to him unless he brings it up again. If he does then you need to point out that you don't know where your life will take you and that at the moment, you just want to live for the moment and not look too far into the future.
  • Options
    My ex told me the same thing :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I read a thing recently that because the death rate was so hight in the 17th and 18th century the concept of 'together forever' was a totally different one to today. Ie women died in childbirth and so men got re-married. Now people bang on about 'until death us do part' and the terrible rate of divorce but it's not because people cant commit like they used to its just that they died before things got too bad!
  • Options
    don't worry, everybody eventually dies.;)
  • Options
    forevers a strong a word i think , my bf tells me that 2 but i dnt think he means 4eva, i think its just a momnt thing or maybe not im not sure, maybe he feels he loves u enough to tell u that..how sweet, i wouldnt get worked up about it, no worries!
  • Options
    thanks everyone!!

things went on abit from last night after that text i said well thats a bloody long time and he got all stroppy (sp?) so we ended the night on a bit of a big arguement!!

i went round and saw him after college today and he said that he was sorry and that he was stupid and took everything that i said to him to serious because he says that he is trying to find a fault in our perfect relationship (well something along them lines anyway)

i explained to him even though i am mature for my age i am still only 17 and i'm not ready for lots of commitment. he seemed to understand what i was saying so hopefully things will be alright now that the air is clear!!
    ________
    AVANDIA CLASS ACTION
  • Options
    Why am i always too late to answer :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Because. :lol: