Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

help me!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey guys,
right, im wit this lad who i do like, but ive just got weird feelings about the relationship i'm with him. When i first got together with him, i hadnt long been out of another relationship. But ive still got these weird feelings about this relationship and i dont know what to do!? I guess i still like my ex, but i do like this lad im with at the moment, but im not sure how much i like him, if that makes sense??
sum1 plz help me! :confused: :nervous:

Comments

• Options
    To be honest with you, I think personally its a bad idea to be in another relationship so soon..

You haven't given yourself another space or time to commit the emotional consequencies of the previous relationship, and yes, the new relationship will make you feel a tad better, and probably make things that bit easier to 'get over' your past relationship, but in reality, it is probably a 'rebound', where you are comforted by the thought, you have someones shoulder to cry on.. and already you have someone new you are with..

But from your post, it does seem like your heart is in 2 places.
    Take your time in thinking about whether you really want the relationship you are in, when you yourself are not mentally fully commited to the person you are with, it may pay off in the long run without you getting hurt or your partner.

Talk to your other half about it, explain that you are having difficulty forgetting about your previous partner and it may be easier for yourself to take a break from having relationships for a period of time, while you put your mind at ease with what happened before, also where do you think this relationship will be going while you are having these thoughts, consider it yourself.

And also consider the fact do you want to get back with your ex?
    Therefore creating more obstacles between you developing in your current relationship?

You'll know yourself if this relationship is right or not.

Take care.
  • Options
    thank u for that reply, and i think your right, maybe i am just on the rebound, maybe i thought i was ready for another relationship, but maybe i'm not, maybe i'm just fooling myself that i like this lad? i dont know. i dont know what to say to him, thats the trouble, i dont wanna hurt him. I guess maybe i could give it a couple of weeks and then see how i feel and then maybe if it STILL doesnt feel right, i could just tell him that i dont feel right in the relationship or summit and that i think we'd be better off as friends?! :confused: :nervous:
  • Options
    Perhaps your trying to relieve yourself from the emotions of the previous partner by commiting yourself to this new partner.

Don't kid yourself on like you are if so, you can't hide from whats there beneath.

If you do think it's wrong, do the right thing immediately, dragging the relationship on for longer periods of time will imminently make feelings worse at the end.

The tears now will save the floods in the future.
  • Options
    Originally posted by herewithyou

The tears now will save the floods in the future.

That's such a nice quote! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*Horny hunny *~
    I guess maybe i could give it a couple of weeks and then see how i feel and then maybe if it STILL doesnt feel right, i could just tell him that i dont feel right in the relationship or summit and that i think we'd be better off as friends?! :confused: :nervous:

That's still kinda leading him on tho! Are you scared to be alone or something?!

Can't you be honest and tell him you need to break up now, think long and hard about what you want, and what's best for you then if you still like this lad get with him!?

Seems far more kinder then stringing him along!