Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

age has been covered before but...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i am still wondering how many of you are ageist (think age is important) i'm 15, 16 on october 21st and therefore nearly at the age of consent...

I have met a guy off the internet (was safe, went with parents) and we spent some time alone and everything, i really like the guy loads and can't wait until i meet him again soon, we both like each other and all i am waiting for is to get my confidence and for him to make the moves.

now here's the bad bit (for some) he is 29 years old.

He doesn't look or act it or anything (judge for yourself http://www.gaydar.co.uk/mikeyboi ) and he isn't that photogenic, both my mum and stepdad said he looks about twenty. He acts youngish too, we're getting on so well.

What i wanna know is how many of you here think that this is wrong/sick? i don't think it's fair to judge people on age alone personally, but i'm sure some people do.

Comments

• Options
    I could go on and on about the reasons behind my next statement, but urgh, it's sick. Simple as. In my eyes anyone who wants to be with a child (for that is what you are) when they are aged 29 is sick in the head.

And your parents muct be mental! It doesn't matter how old he looks (looks his age to me so they must be blind) and he acts young does he? Well what does that say about him?

Urgh. The whole thing sickens me. If you're meant to be together then believe me you will be, in time. Find someone your own age.

Actually I'd better stop now for fear of offending you further...... but if you didn't want people to judge then you shouldn't have posted here, because when you post here people are going to judge you.

Oh, and you should take the photo down. You aren't supposed to post pictures of other people like that I don't think!
  • Options
    I have to agree.

However much you think you like/love someone i think those particular ages are a bit weird. Not the actual age difference but the age number.

You are technicaly still a child and he is an adult.

If you were 25 and 38(?) then i think thatd be acceptable.
  • Options
    What happened to the rest of this thread?:confused:
  • Options
    No offence to you, but I reckon this is sick. I have no problem with age differences per se, but a 29 year old dating a sixteen year old is TOO big a gap.

As I stated earlier, I don't mean to offend, I'm just expressing an honest opinion.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Baby
    What happened to the rest of this thread?:confused:

I ate it!:lol::lol::lol::naughty:
    :confused: :crazyeyes :eek2:
  • Options
    i agree with the above posts, first off, honestly think about it. what kind of sane 29 year old would even want to be in a relationship with a 16 year old. you are still a child, still in school, live with your parents and so forth while he lives on his own (assuming), has a job and so on. second, your parents really need to re-evalute their parenting skills. not only are they promoting something illegeal, but it is just plain stupid, especilly to take you to meet him. if you were raised that way, you can't help it, really i think it is the adults in this situation that need to get realistic with the world
  • Options
    Im disagreeing with most if not all people who have replied to this (sorry didnt read them all) But having been in this situation before I cant see anything wrong, not long after I was 17 I started dating a woman of 40 & I have to say I had some of the best times of my life, and I also met her through the internet. we got on great.
    But dont expect the relationship to last, thats the only down point im adding.
  • Options
    Well, from my point of view I'd say he's taking advantage of you. To be honest there's a huge difference in maturity between your two ages which would make me somewhat suspicious.
  • Options
    Originally posted by awol
    not long after I was 17 I started dating a woman of 40
    So you were 17 were you? Fine. Your choice.
    Were you 15 and therefore underage? Nope. You were doing nothing illegal.
  • Options
    Well who's to say that she's doing anything illegal? No where in her post has she said that she's sleeping with this fella, unless there's something she aint telling us. so whats illegal about dating him?
    Often there's relationships with 20 yrs age difference, as long as the two people feel the same and in this instance they do nothing illegal then I cant see any problem!
  • Options
    I'm interested in someone who's 30 and i'm 20. Is this age gap wrong?
  • Options
    Originally posted by MSimpson
    I'm interested in someone who's 30 and i'm 20. Is this age gap wrong?

Nope !!!!!!!!!!!

2 Consenting adults......go for it:D
  • Options
    i swear i posted a reply to this the other day and now its gone.....:confused: *confused*
  • Options
    No offence, but why isn't he with someone of his own age? Do you know much about his past? And does he have friends cos if he does they won't like the idea of him being with a minor.
  • Options
    she's her she she's she

She is a fucking he. Stop assuming.

And **Sugar** - there are two threads exactly the same but chaos didn't have the decency to delete one.
  • Options
    Its a she aint it, goin out with this fella?!
  • Options
    Its a she aint it, goin out with this fella?!

Nah, u iz wrong, it iz a geezer. :rolleyes:

Read Chaos_insomniacs profile and then come back. :mad: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I have friends who range from 14 years my junior, to about 25 years my senior, and I get on well with them all. So age should not come into it. At present, it seems chaos, you are just friends, which is no real problem. But having a sexual relationship at this stage constitutes two main problems. The first would be psychological, i.e. mentally, you are in two different places when it comes to relationships, breakups, and more to the point, your sexuality. You are lucky to have such accepting parents, but at your age I would suggest taking things very slowly. Learn about yourself first. There will be plenty of time to take the next step, you have your whole life ahead of you.

The second problem would be the legalities of starting a sexual relationship. I am not sure what the legal age of consent is in the UK for homosexual relationships, but I think that in Australia it is 18. It may constitute statutory rape, or child molestation for your friend to engage in any sexual activities with you, which would be an unpleasant experience for you both.

Bottom line, you are only 15. You have all the time in the world, so go slowly.
  • Options
    Ah read the profile! Sorry! *hands up* my mistake!
  • Options
    Well, from my point of view I'd say he's taking advantage of you. To be honest there's a huge difference in maturity between your two ages which would make me somewhat suspicious.

I disagree. I have to say i easily have the mentality of an adult. Some people i have to say have a lot of trouble with that. A lot of people will think i'm lying or i can't have the mentality of an adult, but the amount of shit i've been through, believe me i DO. Secondly yeah i'm a guy. Thirdly we aren't going to do anything sexual until i hit the age of consent, 16, and that's not far away.

And about my parents, only my dad has any idea of me being interested in him relationship wise, my mum and stepdad have no idea, oh yeah and my sister knows too.

I wish everyone would calm down, i want this to be discussed from a mature point of view, not with loadsa people saying i'm sick and he's sick, as it's not what i asked for or want to hear, so if you'll kindly carry this on maturely, thanks:naughty:
  • Options
    It doesn't matter if you want to hear it or not, it is what our opinions are!! If you don't want negative feedback then don't post here.
  • Options
    yeah i guess you're right, but calm down! puuurrlllllleeeeeeezzzz...

it's a shame i only have one person on my side really, i expected society to be less judgemental, but i guess i just have to put up with ageist people, ~sigh~ and i'm not taking a dig at ageist people just saying my view is never judge anyone.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    It doesn't matter if you want to hear it or not, it is what our opinions are!! If you don't want negative feedback then don't post here.
    I have to say this is probably the only thing I agree with you on BumbleBee!
    But Im still sticking to my oppinion which is that I cant see anything wrong here, as long as they do nothin sexual until the age of consent then I personnally dont think there is a problem with these two having a relationship.
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac

i expected society to be less judgemental, but i guess i just have to put up with ageist people, ~sigh~ and i'm not taking a dig at ageist people just saying my view is never judge anyone.

Pah! i am not ageist. He is hardly old is he. :rolleyes:

Fine, I don't care what happens to you. Good luck and when it all ends in tears then please don't come asking for advice on here. :mad:
  • Options
    its not a case of being ageist, if a 29 year old man is interested in a 15 year old boy then hes warped. you may think youre a grown up now - all 15 year olds do, but youre not and thats why he likes you. I realise it must be flattering to have the attentions of an adult, but if I were you id stick to people nearer your own age.
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    yeah i guess you're right, but calm down! puuurrlllllleeeeeeezzzz...

it's a shame i only have one person on my side really, i expected society to be less judgemental, but i guess i just have to put up with ageist people, ~sigh~ and i'm not taking a dig at ageist people just saying my view is never judge anyone.

This aint about taking sides. Its about whats right and whats wrong, sorry its not the answer you want to hear but just take one moment to look and observe what people are telling you.

It is not normal for a 29 yr old to be interested (relationship wise) with someone your age. I think this 29yr old needs to stick to guys nearer his own age, its ok having older mates but you sound as though you dont want to be just mates.

Chaos you said previously you have the mentality of an adult, Im sorry but on this topic your views are not adult, they are more of a child whose got a crush on an older person. We have all done it, I did when I was at school. I had a crush on my school teacher of all people and just thought about him all the time, thing is it was just a crush. I grew up and started going out with people my own age.

Sorry its not the reply you would have liked, but its what I feel and after all you have asked for peoples views:)
  • Options
    i can see where you are coming from BeckyBoo but it isn't just like this with the one guy, my views aren't effected by me having a crush on him, you see i always look for adults to have a relationship with, always have, it's all to do with the maturity and of course physical attraction, i have to be honest i find it much easier to become attracted to some say, 10 years older than me than someone my age, and in todays society almost noone come out at my age, therefore meaning i have almost no chance of a relationship with someone my age, and i want a relationship so badly, i was built as a half, to be truely happy i must be with someone, making them happy and being happy myself, another reason i go for adults, is the whole situation getting any clearer yet?
  • Options
    I dont think its wrong that you like him, but I do think its wrong that he likes you, and although im sure your a really nice person and you sound mature for your age, its not right for a 29 year old to be interested in a 15 year old, its really dodgy ground. I always used to prefer the company of adults too when i was that age, and had crushes on older people and really wnted to be accepted into an adult community, but as youget older, you see what a world of difference there is between the 2 age groups. Its one thing having friends older than you but relationships should be about equality and theres no way you could have that with that large an age gap, unless hes been locked in a room for the last 15 years and not experienced anything. I hope you find what youre looking for, but with someone with your same level of experience.
  • Options
    I know this will probably evoke alot of responses, but, how old was Rachel Hunter when Sir Rod started going out with her? I know it all ended in tears, but I am sure there were a lot of good years along the way.
  • Options
    i thought she was in her twenties, she wasnt THAT young