Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Advice Required on a girl

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi folks!
This is quite a story, so I'm going to have to give names to make it easier to follow.

Last friday I went to a 21st birthday party of a guy that I had known for quite a long time through school and through knowing his sister(LINDSAY) at school.(My parents were invited as well). Now I once had fancied his sister and about 6 months ago I had actually sent a letter personally to her saying thank you for some birthday money her family had sent me and also asking if she fancied going out for a drink or something then get in touch. I got no reply so I just forgot about it.

When I got to this party, I saw Lindsay and said hello and she intoduced me to some of her old school mates (we are now both 16 and went to the same primary school but different secondary schools). I knew some of her mates from primary but I didn't know one of them(SARA) as she was from their secondary school. I got chatting to Sara finding out stuff about her and we seemed to get on pretty well. When it came to going home, I gave my friend a hug and gave Sara a hud saying "nice metting you" and everything. The problem is now I want to see her again, no matter what the situation is, as a mate or something.

Its strange because with girls, especially with ones that i had just met, I'm very shy and nervous, but I just talked to Sara like I do with my mates, although I had quite a bit to drink and so had she. We seemed to get on pretty well and we were smiling at each other pretty frequently, I don't know whether thats a good sign or what.

While I was there, this girl had said "so, are you after Lindsay?" I got quite a bit of a shock because 1). I WAS after her once but not anymore and 2) How did she know I was after her at any time at all? I just denied it. Later on I was asking one of Sara's mates, whilst I was pretty tipsy where she was and I think I mentioned that I liked her quiite a bit. Her mate said "that's my best mate your talking about" I just replied with "I don't care, I like her" ( in words similar to those).

The problem is she is pretty good looking with a bit of a "model" figure and I'm not exactly an oil painting as I'm a big guy with a "rugby" figure, and I very rarely see a good looking woman with a guy like me, but I dont know.

She didn't seem like one of the typical ones with no brain, she seemed pretty bright.

This is a hard one for me. There are a few ways around it: She goes to a college that 2 of my high school mates are at and I could ask them to put a good word in, get her number, something like that (I'm not used to these situations as you can imagine when reading this). Or I could ring Lindsay up and ask for her number, but either 1)She won't give it me and tell Sara, or 2) She will give it me and STILL tell Sara. Either way she'll tell someone, even if I tell her not to because that's women, they CAN keep secrets if they want to.....but they never seem to want to.

Could any of you folks help me with this?

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    umm no i cant help u lol ( i cudnt help it)
  • Options
    Well if you feel as though you can get on with this girl well, then what's stopping you from asking for her number etc. If she doesn't go to the same college as you then it will be difficult to keep in touch and 'progress further' with her.

What have you got to lose anyway, if she says yes, then you'll think what was all the fuss about...if she says no, just accept the fact and get on with life. Life is short! Go for it!:)
  • Options
    Ring lyndsey up and GET THE NUMBER. The very worst that can happen is that she will say no (and why would she say that? :confused: ) Even if she does tell this girl you do like that you asked her for her number - That's a good thing!

Don't worry just relax. :)