Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Whats my problem???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya, well basically I get so jealous of my boyf so easily. It really is quite stupid, stupid little things like he likes holly valance and when he mentions her I flip. I went in the shop the other day and she was on the front of the newspaper and I hated it. When he mentions other girls I hate it and I get abit mad at him sometimes and say daft things that I dont mean.

The thing is, I feel like a two faced bitch cos its ok for me to talk about other lads n stuff, and I dont think about how it must make him feel. I hate it I really do:(

So what can I do to make him see that I only get jealous cos I love him so much and that I dont want him to think Im a bitch and that I really am sorry. I hate it cos he mentions a girl, I flip, then I mention a guy straight away and expect him to be fine with it!

Comments

• Options
    I get like that. I don't flip I just make bitchy or snide comments and I get all moody.

They should realise it's only cos I'm afraid to lose them. Stupidness.

Ah well.
  • Options
    I get really jelouse of my bf too, and because it's a long distance relationship i feel even worse :( . In the end it results in me getting very moody with him but most of the time i try and tell myself that these are only fantasises and just because he likes other people dosen't mean he's going to do anything and he's going out with me for a reason :)
  • Options
    Tell me you are joking right?
    I thought everything was alright in Paradise, which is the image the two of you seem to be giving off.

I can't seem to be able to answer this problem because I know he is going to read it.

How do you actually get the nerve to write your problems here when you know he is going to read them? You're brave!! :)
  • Options
    Mine is a long distance relationship as well so it adds to the strain although we try to see eachother regularly:) And he's staying for 10 days at the end of the month which is good:)

Bumbleebee, nah I aint joking!!! Everything is fine its just I seem to get so jealous and adam being how he is wont ever get angry with me and I feel he is too good for me and deserves better and my jealousy is petty, although Ive heard that jealousy is a sign of a healthy relationship as it shows you care bout the other person to get jealous of others around them.

Guess I am brave knowing hes gonna read this, but thats my point though, I can say anything to him and he never gets angry or upset with me, he says we should be able to tell eachother anything and that my problems are his. He's so special to me he really is and thats why I feel so angry with myself for letting myself get so jealous:(
  • Options
    You shouldn't feel angry about your self just because your jelouse, getting jelouse shows that you care about someone :)
  • Options
    I didn't know it was long distance!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I didn't know it was long distance!

Yeh it is we met on here! Hehe we dont make very good impressions of ourselves do we :confused:

But it wont be long distance for much longer though :)
  • Options
    if it makes u feel better i always thought she was a man :P
    Its best wen he makes a comment about a girl jus dont think about it... think about muffins... mmm juicy chocolate chip muffins! It'll get ur mind off it and will hurt nobody but muffins ;)
  • Options
    You're bound to be jealous hun. Due to the relationship being long distance you're bound to feel slightly more insecure. Have you told him it annoys you? Sit him down, talk about it. If you let it build up, the jealousy will only get worse.

The key to any successful relationship? Communication.

Good Luck

:) Hamish
  • Options
    a little bit of jealousy is good in a relationship, too much is v bad

try to concentrate on the making up :)
  • Options
    I think being jealous of a celebrity is stupid, and will only hurt the relationship.
    a good idea, each of you make a list of about 5 celebs that you can talk about or fancy without being moaned at. Whenever he mentions someone on his list or vice versa dont get mad, just ignore it, or mention someone on your list.