Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Any one?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi!
I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good exercise that tones all/most of your body at once? I know swimming is meant to be a good 'all round' form of exercise, but if u do too much it can make u really muscley...and that the last thing i want, i just want to tone my tummy and thieghs up a bit! And i would really love to lose my hips (i dont mean literally but they're quite big and i want to tone them up so they're not quite so errmm, how do i put this...flabby?!)
Even if anyone knows of an excercise just to help with one of these things i would be very greatful!
Cheerz :D
~~x~~

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    swimming is good for toning the arms but unless you are swimming really hard, its not really a weight losing exercise, as i have discovered.
    try doing sit ups for that tummy and maybe take up jogging. if you are really unfit start by walking and gradually build it up.
    unless you want to join the gym that is, and you can get a special programme made out for the particular things you want to do something about. but if you find this is too expensive then you should do the jogging and sit ups and stuff and maybe get a set of dumbells.
    Thanks for your suggestions!
    I'm goin to go on bike rides with my siister in the mornings and a little while ago me and my brother decided to do sit-ups every evening, we just havent done them yet but I'm goin to start now! I've been interested in the gym for a while...i may ask my friend if she wants to go with me, i wouldnt want to go on my own...but im also quite interested in yoga and may give that a go!
    Its not that i really unfit, i just dont want it to get to that stage if you know what i mean, and theres no harm in doing it to keep you at a steady weight and shape rather than leave it until i really need to do something about it! :D
    Just do swimming. You won't get all muscly unless you did what i did and swam everyday.
    Running is great for all-over toning. As is swimming. You'd have to do a hell of a lot of either to get really muscly - like for hours every day.