Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

This Normal?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
lo people, im new to these fourms, anyway:

is it normal to enjoy pain more then nice things, ei. a kiss

i cut myself not cuz im sad etc. just because i enjoy feeling pain, is this normal or am i just a strange person? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    :eek:

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!

:nervous:

well, each to their own :eek:
  • Options
    Maybe you should see a doctor about that....even if you arent depressed you dont want to end up seriously injuring yourself and to be honest no it dosent sound normal-some painfull things can be nice i.e bitten by a lover but not slashing yourself.

good luck :)
  • Options
    i have a self harm problem and i really dont enjoy it. i do it because of the feeling of relief not pleasure. I agree with Char_Baby maybe think about going to see a doctor or think why you enjoy it so much.
  • Options
    i only cut my arms, no serious parts, so im not worryed about injuring meself,
    why i like it? i don't really know, best i can explain is:
    say when you eat food you like, but then other people don't like the food you like
    pain is me fav food
  • Options
    no serious parts

How can you say that? all of your body is serious there is blood flowing all through your body-just because it is your arm and not say your neck dosent mean it wont damage you. you can still get all sorts of infections etc from cutting yourself, also is part of your fun being left with scars? what will you say when people ask you about them? 'oh its just for fun' ?? if you want fun there are plenty more harmelss things you can do-take up a hobby and please see your doctor as this isnt normal for somebody to do.

Good Luck

xxx
  • Options
    Many people do that.

An ex-friend of mine wanted to pierce my cock for somestrange reason...notice ex friend. I got scared and pegged it. You'll kinda grow out of it after a while.
  • Options
    There is no such thing as normal and everyone is different, but in my opinion you should show a lot more respect to your body.
  • Options
    Go and see a doctor and discuss self-harm.

A friend of mine used to cut himself a lot and became really ill from doing it - caught infections which body couldn't fight and one thing led to another. He got into quite a serious state. He went to the doctors and after a while sorted things out. He is now fine, but left with lots of scars.

I would suggest going to your doctors and just have a chat about it - see what they say.