Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

I'm fed up with this guilt trip.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been with my boyfriend for 8 months now, and basically my parents don't like him simply because he's my boyfriend.
They say I'm too young (i'm nearly 17), and immature and that i should be concentrating on my school work. That's fair enough, but the few times he comes round here (to pick me up or just to see me), he gets evil looks, sarcastic comments, and even overheard one convo my rents were having, about how little they thought of him.

e's a lovely guy, his mum has ms, and he looks after her 24/7 - she's wheelchair bound, and divorced, and is so loving and giving all the time. If he was a friend they'd love him to bits, but he's not. He's my boyfriend and therfore they don't like him.
I've got to do something, they're driving me mad about it.
Any suggestions?
:(

Comments

• Options
    he sounds like a pretty decent person who deserves respect. u should try and make ur parents understand what he has to do everyday, and make them understand how hard it must be 4 him having 2 look after his mum, i'm presuming here, on his own. if the still refuse to cut him some slack, tell 'em where 2 go! hope that helps
  • Options
    Sounds like a sound guy, and that your rents are being unrealistic. They prolly think that theyre looking after you by not letting you ahve ANY bf, so try talking to them to show them that a bf does fit inw iths choolwork and such like. But, after 8 monyths, theres always a chance that your parents are never going to change their mind, so you ahve to consider how much you love hima s to whether he, and you, can stand the put-downs. Being all irrational and shouty at them will only confirm what they feel, so be mature and talk to them rationally about it.
  • Options
    Run away with him.... or else jus stay at his place till ur parents see justice!!! Its best to wait till after GCSE's tho
  • Options
    How about you organise a proper meet over a meal or something? (you could cook for both of them?....) Get them together and get a proper chance to know each other... then maybe she will change her mind once she gives him half a chance?
    Maybe if you let her know how much i was upsetting you she would stop, so sit down and talk to her and tell her how you feel :)

Hope it all picks up for you.
  • Options
    Maybe if you let her know how much i was upsetting you she would stop, so sit down and talk to her and tell her how you feel
    sorry i cudnt help but notice how Deeeb put " I was upsettin u" are u her bf?
  • Options
    well he sounds like a really nice guy whos getting a hard time for no reason,
    i'm sure you deserve each other, and at the end of the day hes your boyfriend and ya folks can't do anything about it so maybe you should just have a word with them to let them no that your happy with each other and theres no way ya going to stop going out with him just because they don't like him :) good luck and i hope you sort things out.
  • Options
    like everyone else has said, he sounds like a pretty decent guy. its unfair on on him tho that ur parents judge him just cos he's your boyfriend. maybe u should talk to them about it and tell them that it hurts u to hear them talk about what they think of him etc and tell them how u feel about him and how u feel bout the way they treat him.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, unfortunately i have tried most of those avenues. (and i have done my GCSEs hehe)
    Unfortunately I think the one i'm gonna have to go with is just have them accept it, even if they do put him down and my relationship with them isn't as good as it used to be.
    Parents*sigh* lol.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dark Pheonix

sorry i cudnt help but notice how Deeeb put " I was upsettin u" are u her bf?

lol noooo, i didn't mean to put that. I'm not always quite with it.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Does that mean u wouldn't want to be my bf?? Aww :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by SeaShihtzu'
    Does that mean u wouldn't want to be my bf?? Aww :(

lol no offence but my girlfriend is fine for me :D
    and fine in every sense ;):D
  • Options
    Aww look wat i started a call for attention but a let down the simple quote that never ceases to amaze me " all the good guys are either taken or gay!"
  • Options
    " all the good guys are either taken or gay!" [/QUOTE]

Or both.