Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Babies HELP

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all,

need some help, my gf keeps going on about babies to me and it really freaking me out, its as if shes going with me to get preg and then leave me once i give her a baby, i dont want that to happen and dif not need a baby the know,

it freaks me out that much, i can even look at babies and when its on the tv it really freaks me out,

i have talked to her about it and she says she cant help it as she has wanted a babie since she was 11, and well i told her once we are together for a year or 2 then maybe, but she still goes on about it :S

just need any advice off any guys out there with the same prob or girls

(shes 15 btw)

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    My advice...Don't have sex with her unless you are wearing a condom!
    Sounds like you can't trust her to take the pill and yes she might be trying to trap you. I think there is seriously something wrong if she has wanted a baby since she was 11!! What the hell can you really know about being a parent at eleven?

I'm 32 and I really want to start a family with my boyfriend but he's still umming and ahhhing about it. I try not to make a big issue about it but talk to him sensibly (He's 35 by the way) and thats when we really have good conversations about our future and the posibilities.

Can you talk to her?.

She sounds like she hasn't really worked out the difference between 'having a baby' and being a parent. Does she realise it's 18 or more years of hard slog and that it will change your relationship completely?

I think you should sit down and say to her 'I'm aware you are talking about babies all the time and just want to make it clear that while I love you I really dont want to become a parent now, I have lots of things I want to achieve when I'm young and the difficult job of being a parent would inturrupt our lives at the wrong moment' Tell her that you both need to think more carefully about what you want out of teh relationship and you are not prepared to be a sperm donor.

Also...you say she might leave you after she got pregnant...would she really? Is it just the baby she wants or is it a happy family unit? Can't you have that happy family unit without the baby for a while and then see what naturally develops?

NB - Wear a condom
  • Options
    I agree with all that Byny has said.

She is only 15, dont let her mess her life up with a baby at this age. Babies are gorgeous and cute when you normally see them, but its not all a bed of roses beleive me, Its very hard work.

I hope you do sit down and talk to her, get things sorted then in a few years if youre still together and are financially stable have that baby that your GF has always wanted. Good luck:)
  • Options
    hey cheers, i think is best i do sit down and talk, she knows about me freaking out and well she did say she wasnt going to go on about it, and YES condoms always used (and never off, lol, sad joke) but anyways, i told her last time, about 18 years of it and its not just a few years, if we spilt up then what????? i got a baby i got to look after and help with (money and clothes) am not the one just to drop it, I COULDNT DO THAT, that baby would b flesh and blood, but i told her shes got to think more about life (job and house and everything else) i also said to her one day, in a few years u will still b felling the same about babies,

i think your right, sit her down, nice tea or coffee and just relax and talk to her, and hopefully we can work something out about it all

thanx for the help (they do say old women are better) :P just joking,

thanx
  • Options
    i dont remeber posting that :confused:
  • Options
    emm, that was me that posted that :S weird, sorry to who ever that is, dont ask how that happend I DONT KNOW

sorry evilemsie,
  • Options
    lol nps, just made me doubt my memory quite severely!

btw, babies scare me too. i think ppl who willingly have them need their sanity questioned.
  • Options
    Originally posted by evilemsie
    i dont remeber posting that :confused:

Spooky :confused: