Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

I check other women, coz im jelous!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive been with my boyfriend for the past 8 months and even though we get along brilliantly and i know he would never cheat on me, i can't help but feel paranoid that he's looking at other girls!

It's like, whenever i walk down the street and i see another girl, who is preetier than me, i get REALLY jelous and i even find it hard to make friends with preety girls incase he ends up fancying them/her!!! People tell me in preety, but i just can't see that in myself.

Do other girls feel like this + what would you do if you were me? My boyfriend is starting to think im weird when i check out other women, and he doesn't understand that im checking them out for the competition - not because im a lesbian!

So please HELP ME, im getting really depressed about it an its also affecting our relationship

:confused::(

Comments

• Options
    Firstly, well done for recognising that this is a problem for you. Jealousy can escalate if not brought under control.

Think of it like this... he's with you, not any of those other girls. He wouldn't be with you if he didn't love you and think you were pretty.

If I was you, I'd talk to your boyfriend about your feelings. Explain why you've been acting so strangely. Emphasise the fact that it's not him you don't trust, it's other girls.

Look at this article, it may help

:)
  • Options
    Hi:) I do exactly the same thing so dont think you are alone. i know a lot of people that are the same way too. I have self esteem issues and thats what causes this which you have realised too. Im trying to over come this by loosing weight. Maybe if you find a way to make yourself feel better and boost your confidence you will be able to relax more when your bf is around other girls. Im hoping that this will work for me. Sorry I know that didnt really help but i just wanted you to now that you are not alone:)
  • Options
    Firstly why are you doing this to yourself? Hes been with you for 8 months now, hes with you because he finds you attractive, he likes you for who you are, he know your moods by now so I think youre worrying yourself too much.

Youre not abnormal by checking out the other women. I do it myself . When I go out with my hubby I often say shes pretty, shes got nice hair or I love that dress etc. I also notice if im in a pub a girl who wears the same top or dress as she wore the week before its just us women are aware of things like that.

Your boyfriend probably does look at other women but it doesnt mean he fancies them. What you have to remember is who is he taking out with him?? who is he taking home??

Being jealous in a relationship can cause problems so Id try not to keep showing him how jealous you are, I know its hard but you dont want him to ged fed up and leave. Try talking to him and explain how youre feeling, let him know youre a bit insecure and hopefully he will try to understand where youre coming from.

As far as pretty girls go, even they find something they dont like about themselves, I mean nobody is perfect................not even me ;)

Just go out with him, have fun and dont put yourself down, hes with you and not any other female :)
  • Options
    i know how you feel as well! im quite a jealous person and i hate it! it feels so horrible! i know its because im insecure but i cant seem to help myself! thankfully ive never gone off the deep end or anything. i just go quiet and feel depressed. ive just started seeing a guy and i feel its ridiculous to get jealous when hes with other girls but i do. i hate feeling this way. he generally reassures me because he pays me so much attention. he very rarely looks at another girl when im with him but i cant seem to stop the jealousy. so i sympathise with u!sorry i probably havent been much use!:D