Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

read this NOW!! need advice quick

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok here goes.. this girl who ive recently become close friends with has just told me shes fallen for me. ok i liked her a lot when i met her for the first time and she was aware of that cos i told her i liked her.. things went well and i thought i was getting somewhere. then a few weeks back she told me shes trying not to lead me on, and was talking bout gettin back together with her ex who she was with for a year (they broke up in april) and she was really sorry that she confused my feelings etc.. we kept hangin out and bein v cosy, we get on really well and have a lot of fun, but i was in the mindset of her being just a close friend and wasnt pushin for anything more...
now shes told me this its completelty thrown me, she wants to go out but im just soo confused as to what i want.. adding to that problem shes moving to university (warwick) at the end of the month and im staying in london working during my gap year.. wtf do i do; dont know whether to just go for it or wat.. arghh

Comments

• Options
    Go for it what you got to lose? But if you think of her as just a mate then tell her coz there's no point pussy-footin' around.
  • Options
    I wouldnt get involved mate. You may get attached to her and you will be crushed when she goes to uni
  • Options
    tHINK BOUT IT CAREFULLY, THEN DECIDE WAT 2 DO! (PS IM DRUNK!) BUT PLEASE LISTEN 2 THIS ADVISE1:p
  • Options
    Plus you've got the added worry of her ex coming back onto the scene too. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Don't get involved it would probably ruin your friendship, plus she's off to uni and you won't get to see much of her. I would just try and stay as good mates and keep in touch but thats all!:)
  • Options
    I wouldn't bother mate -
    a few weeks back she told me shes trying not to lead me on, and was talking bout gettin back together with her ex who she was with for a year (they broke up in april) and she was really sorry that she confused my feelings etc
    this girl who ive recently become close friends with has just told me shes fallen for me.

She obviously failed in her attempts to get back with her ex, and is one of those types of people that MUST be going out with someone, or she is trying to make a statement to her ex. Why are a lot of people so afraid of being single even for a minute? Very Sad.
  • Options
    I know its a cheesy cliche but fuckit its true, its better to regret things u have done than things u havent - go for it, if it goes tits up, you'll learn from it somehow :D
  • Options
    i agree with obviouslyblond.. i went for it, and although were not goin out properly were seein each other and enjoying the moment :D if it all goes to shits im sure ill inform you guys..
  • Options
    personally id tell you to go for it but its a present life changing decision and only you have the final answer.
  • Options
    hope all goes well for ya m8 :D