Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Best Friend Blues

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Help Me and my boyfriend have been going out for about 4 months now, we really get on well apart from my really good friend seems to have taken a fancy to him aswell! I don't know what to do cause even though he doesn't fancy her she is the MOST flirty person on earth, should i say something? PLEASE HELP! :confused:

Comments

• Options
    You do nothing. Simple, no? Ok, logic behind it.

You mentioned that you and your boyfriend get on really well. So even if your mate does start to flirt with him, he may play along with it for a bit of harmless fun but at the end of the day, he's going out with you, and not her.

Plus you also said "my really good friend seems to have taken a fancy to him". The key word there is seems. Is this purely guesswork on your part, or has she actually said something to you which makes you think this? Give the girl some credit... she may not be after your guy.

If you're really mega worried though, you could always ask your friend something like "So what do you think of my boyfriend?" But before you do that, analyse things. See if you're just being paranoid, or if you have grounds for suspicion.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    She's just flirting. She isn't making any moves. Don't worry.
  • Options
    Dont worry bout it hun! My best mate introduced me to her bf tonight and asked me if i thought he is fit and nice etc. So i said yes, which i truly meant. However this doesnt mean i really fancy him, for i dont. I can just see hes a really nice guy and attractive. She seemed slightly worried i would try it on with him! Which, there is no way i would for she is my best mate, i love her to death and wouldnt do something like that which would hurt her. Plus he isnt my type anyway! Dont worry! If she is a true mate, she will leave well alone! :)
  • Options
    Definately do as Tash says.

A couple of years ago my mate started dating a new bloke. He wasn't my cup of tea but i got on with him okay. I didn't like the way he treated her etc. but to make things better for her i got on with him when we were out in the pub.

After a while my friend started accusing me of fancying him.Nothing could have been further from the truth as he was a lying arsehole but she would not believe me. I had to subtley explain i thought he was a minger who looked like jimmy somerville :) and that even though he was a good laugh that was all he was.

So i wouldn't go accusing your mate as sometimes things aren't what you might think them to be.