Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Licking out and STI's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, i did do a search on this but i couldnt work it out! Can a boy get an STi from licking a girl out? My boyfriend and i were experimenting the other night and he ended up licking me out. I didnt think you could but now after reading the other post im worried! please help thnaks

Comments

• Options
    Yes you can get some STD/STI through licking out & given BJ because its still bodily fluidises(Sp?)

HIV/Aids, few others as well!
  • Options
    Yes you can contract STI's from oral whether it is performed on a man or woman. There are thin sheets of coloured (and sometimes flavoured) layex called dental dams which can be used to cover the gentials before licking, but if you haven't been with more than one partner and that partner also hasnt been with anyone else, then I would say don't worry too much. Otherwise, both of you should just go get screened at a local clinic to know for sure.
  • Options
    ive been told differently by several people stating that u cant get hiv/aids through oral sex. ive heard that u can contract clamydia through oral though...................................................o and could someone tell me why my Avatar is not showing even though i have loaded it succesully several times
    :p
  • Options
    If you have a cut in your mouth then I think you can catch AIDS, otherwise then,a s far as I am aware, you cannot. However, you can still get things like herpes- it infects your mouth, nice!- and chlamydia. So, even if you cant catch AIDS, which Im not 100% sure of, its still a good idea to either use protection or not bother.
  • Options
    Just go get the both of you tested. Once you know for sure that you are both STI-free you can go down on each other all you like without worrying about protection (for oral that is).
  • Options
    Ok we are both virgins and he ahs never done it before. It didnt last long only about 3 minutes. Next time ill be sure to use protection, thanks for you help im getting worried now! thanks
  • Options
    If you read through all our STI factsheets, it says which ones can be passed on during oral sex.
    http://www.thesite.org/info/sex/stis/
  • Options
    ok, thanks Karla, i have read through all the information provided, but i still have one question. I havent properly giving head to me b/f i have literally just kissed his penis. My boyfriend however licked me out for about 3minutes, but not right in my vagina it was in the area where my clitoris is does this mean he can still get infected? but i dont think i had come as he was giving me head for long, please help im gettin worried it is only the first time it has happened thanks
  • Options
    I Love Life, im curious whether you actually read anything that has been posted in response to your question???

To repeat once again what has already been said....

If you are both virgins and have never had sexual contact before, then HOW do you suppose you would have any risk of giving or receiving any STI's in this particular relationship???

Just chill and learn to enjoy the pleasure of it all.
  • Options
    just because they are virgins dont mean they are clear. wot bout parents who have passed down hiv without even knowing they had it there-selves. it happens
  • Options
    A very unlikely scenario Harmless. The Hospital would have taken blood at birth and would most likely know if either parents or child had HIV.

But for heavans sake, I also suggested they just go get screened, and still she's winging on about being worried. It's probably an indication that neither of them are ready for sexual intimacy and all the emotions that come along with it.
  • Options
    ok! I am ready for a sexual relationship but if i didnt have worries then there would be something wrong. Thanks for all your help, ill now decide what ill do, but i know i dont have AIDs. thanks again