Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

When masterbating...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...how long does it take to you lot to come?? I'm a guy, a virgin, and I'm a bit concerned it's all happening a bit too quickly!! I imagine I would hold out longer during proper intercourse, but it's a bit worrying. The last thing I want for when I do lose my virginity is for it to be over too quickly, and to dissapoint.

On one of the other threads, someone said sex should last 30 mins - 90, which really seems like a long time to me.

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Options
    well i'll hold my hands up too and say i can cum quickly, but thats only if i let it. if i find my self getting too excited (about to cum) then i just back off a lil, do something else. apparently if you have a wank beforehand then you won't come for a while after. not sure if thats true as i don't do it, but you should be able to last long enough til she cums if you give her plenty of good foreplay.

Have fun losing it!
  • Options
    i suspect that the whole 30 min + thing includes the whole foreplay get-up
  • Options
    Re: When masterbating...
    Originally posted by Sephiroth
    On one of the other threads, someone said sex should last 30 mins - 90, which really seems like a long time to me.
    Sex, making love, or whatever you wish to call it, doesn't have to be a sprint or a marathon. It takes as long as it takes. You can't simply put a time limit on it, or judge yourself, or others, by time. It's quality that counts, and that comes with practice and experience. Don't worry about it. In many ways it's the same for masturbation. :)
    In the meantime spend time reading and learning as much as you can. Be prepared! :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    thats a really good point, who of us males ACTUALLY read up on sex?? i know i do. it might sound very non macho, but womens mags and internet sites give you a hell of a lot of low down on what women like and what to do, so give them a look!
  • Options
    dont worry about lasting 90 minutes, Im sure most girls would get bored (and sore) if sex always lasted that long. 1 and a half hours is a long time.
  • Options
    Sex isn't like masterbating. Its like a good book. There's a beggining, a middle and an end.

Masterbating for guys is like a page in the middle of the book. But youd have missed out on the foreplay and etc. at the beggining and the cuddling etc. at the end etc..

HEY SEPHIROTH....YOU'RE THE UG MOD RIGHT???
  • Options
    apparently if you have a wank beforehand then you won't come for a while after
    I think thats pretty true, have a wank and then a little bit later have another one, it takes a lot longer to cum
  • Options
    Originally posted by strawberrychild
    and the cuddling etc. at the end etc..

Sorry, you've lost me there :confused:

:)
  • Options
    Makes sense to me MoK, Try reading it again, you can do it old boy!
  • Options
    I think he was joking.
  • Options
    It all depends on the situation, sometimes sex can last for minutes sometimes for hours. A good tip for lasting longer is to have a few beers before you have sex, not too many though as you will suffer brewers droop.

Anxiety makes you cum quicker so be relaxed!
  • Options
    MASTURBATION

If you can't spell it don't do it. :D
  • Options
    Careful BumbleBee, Optimistic Dan might have another fit that you dare correct anyone's spelling! :p
  • Options
    I would say it all depends on the moment & the place.

Sometimes fast & furious is called for other times slow & sensual.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Careful BumbleBee, Optimistic Dan might have another fit that you dare correct anyone's spelling! :p

Its Optimistic_Dan not Optimistic Dan! See i'm getting the hang of this being a complete twat lark.....

Ohh look i've just lost a whole swathe of friends, and now i'm developing acne! Thanks for putting me on the path to enlightenment Clandestine:p
  • Options
    Don't worry, Darling...

My boyfriend can come after one touch, and I am NOT joking. All you need to do is give him a little lick and he's gone. But then there are also times (mainly during sex) when he can last a good 45 minutes.

I'm not saying I know everything about sex, but I will say that I don't think you have anything to worry about. I imagine a lot of men ask the same questions as you, and the majority of them are pleasantly surprised when they hit the sack with a lady. It all depends on the situation, and when your times comes (no pun intended, do excuse me), I think you'll find you'll be able to last much longer than you're expecting.
  • Options
    Hmmm.. guess all I can say is I'm sorry to hear about your complexion and social life troubles.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    MASTURBATION

If you can't spell it don't do it. :D
    I can spell "Eat shit", but that doesn't mean I want to! :eek: :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    I can spell "Eat shit", but that doesn't mean I want to! :eek: :D

Mr_Wobble ;)