Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Losing your virginity

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know Astleyfan, being dumped is a horrible feeling, whether it was serious or not.

The important thing is that you'll get over it though! :)

I've also never understood why Virginity can be taken so seriously, yet in such af foolish manner. If you choose to wait a while too you have sex, it really shouldn't affect the way people think about you, but unfortunately in our society it often does.

If you don't want to have sex, you shouldn't do it, fullstop - but the world is full of cretinous morons who push girls into having unwanted sex just for the sake of saying "Slut A is my girlfriend" or "She throttled my joystick... ahaha".

It's just... wrong. That's all I can say.
  • Options
    I agree totally Shukes. What is it with blabbermouths, do they not have enough interest in their own lives to just keep themselves to themselves?

That doesn't make sense. Never mind I'm gonna hit "submit" anyhow.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Thefairmelissa

Female friends fall into two camps: there are those who really regret the way they lost their own virginity and admire my resolve, but there are also those who seem to think I´m being sanctimonious and somehow trying to score points and insinuate that they´re all slappers whilst I am Holy Virgin and quite likely to be mother to Jesus II. Weird.

I'm sure there must be some who are happy with the way they lost their virginity and at the same time respect your views.
  • Options
    Originally posted by travellingfreak
    I agree totally Shukes. What is it with blabbermouths, do they not have enough interest in their own lives to just keep themselves to themselves?

That doesn't make sense. Never mind I'm gonna hit "submit" anyhow.

I keep on looking at your posts and i think they are mine......
    Change it, i know you stole it :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Deeeeb

I keep on looking at your posts and i think they are mine......
    Change it, i know you stole it :p

Lol, me two!

change it!:p ;)

There must be plenty more fish in the sea! (net) :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Thefairmelissa

Ahem. Yes. I´m waiting. To me, my virginity is the greatest gift I can give a man. The ideal for me would be to marry a male virgin - they´re rare as hen´s teeth as you get older - but......I suppose it´s the symbolic aspect for me as well. There´s a line in Romeo & Juliet about two virgins vying for each other´s maidenheads, and it just seems like an incredibly sweet idea.

Hmmm, older male virgins...rare, but not impossible to find.

A guy in my hall in the first year wanted to leave it until marriage -I think he was Catholic too, and as far as I know, his resolve hasn't been broken yet.

My boyfriend was 22, and also a virgin, before we met (I was 19 and also, until him, uncorrupted). We ended up waiting about 8 months until we had sex - this was not entirely deliberate, probably had more to do with us both waiting for the other to say "shall we.....?" or whatever, and being afraid to actively take the next step :rolleyes: - but, whatever. Although, obviously I didn't wait until marriage and I'm completely unreligious, I can completely see where you're coming from, Melissa, as it made it so much nicer to know for definite that he loved me, that this wasn't just a quicky ONS, and that we were both learning together, and he wouldn't be comparing me to previous experiences etc. etc. There were a few occasions much nearer the beginning of our relationship when it could have happened, but I'm glad we waited that bit longer.

I hope that, if we survive my year abroad and my final year, we can get nicely domesticated together :love: and stop this damned long distance business! So, yeah, I'm all for commitment, even if it doesn't necessarily involve marriage.

p.s. sorry about not replying to that e-mail yonks and yonks back. I'll blame it on exam stress and then embarrassment that I left it so long :oAm I forgiven? We could start afresh - this time about year abroad experiences!
  • Options
    although im a catholic i really dont think this has anything to do with my remaining a virgin. its more that ive never felt ready and there has never been a situation where i thought yes this is it i want to sleep with this guy. having said that im a non-practising catholic so really its not an issue at all for me. i dont think i could wait until i married to have sex but you never know! thefairmelissa makes a good point especially about other peoples attitudes towards older virgins! its not like they HAVE to understand it to accept someones resolve to remain a virgin until marriage!personally i respect melissas resolve though i dont think i could do the same but as ive said before virginity is a very personal thing anyway! Shukes - thanks i know it'll get better and i also agree with you. sure virginity is important but why should people judge you over it?? its mad!:shocking:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless

Lol, me two!

change it!:p ;)

There must be plenty more fish in the sea! (net) :p

But none quite as good as my fish :p