Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Losing your virginity

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is your perfect dream of losing your virginity?

I'm 15 and although a lot of people I know my age are having sex I'm kinda glad I'm still a virgin. I mean so many people lose virginity while there drunk or when they don't really want to I would hate to do it like that!

What are people's views on this? What were people's first times like? And for virgins how would you like to lose your virginity to?

Personally, I think the longer you wait the better. If I lose it when I don't really mean it or have that strong feelings for the person I know sex will just become trashy and nothing special to me. I want it to be special and really inwith the person-not just I've been with them for a few weeks lets do it I mean think of when the time actually comes it would be so great!Of course, i do get tempted:)

What do other people think?

Comments

• Options
    Yo, There is already a massive thread on this subject, so you wont get many replies me finks.......
    Bopz :)
    17 and a virgin :eek:
  • Options
    i feel exactly the same way as you.
    sex is menna be special and when i have sex for da first time, i wanna make it something good that i will never for the rest of my life
    luv lou
  • Options
    Hehe. Good or bad, you never forget your first.
  • Options
    i know you never forget your first. but i would rather remmeber something goos than bad. surely you must understand.
    luv lou
    p.s.
    why what do you remmeber about loosing your virginity
  • Options
    I understqand perfectly and I applaud your resolve. I hope you manage to hold onto that resolve as your teen years roll by. Their will be plenty of tough temptations in the coming years and perhaps foolish mistakes, but if you keep your current convictions in focus you should survive well enough till the right one presents himself.

Just dont let smooth words and good looks fool you into letting go before youre sure the guy (whoever he may be) also has a decent character and will not simply use you.

Hang in there baby, it's just the start of a long road...
  • Options
    hi longboatkey i'm 15 too and still a virgin. ive been with my current bf for about a month but i don't want to rush into anything. i really want to try and wait until im at least 16 but if i feel the time is right and it's with someone i care about then i suppose i might.
    the main thing i would be worried about is people calling me a slut and getting a bad reputation, even though lots of girls in my year have already done it. however if people found out i'd lost my virginity i bet i'd get loads of stick coz i dont think they'd expect it from me. can you familiarise with any of that?
    loopy loz xx
  • Options
    hi, i'm 15 and still a virgin but i don't really care what anyone else thinks, i do want to lose my virginity but only when i meet someone i like and i know who cares about me :)

and as for your question about what people would like there first time to be like well,

i would like mine to be like that blonde girl in american pie (don't know her name?) and her boyfriends first time was like because i think it was good that they waited untill they were both ready and he was really nice and gentle with her, i think it was sweet the way he asked her if she wanted him to stop because it was hurting her..........
  • Options
    don't u think tho that in american pie they had sex in a bit of a formal manner? i would rather it be more passionate than that. and no wonder it hurt, they didn't do any foreplay!!
  • Options
    she wanted it 2 b purfect tho, then notice that they were the only ones who didnt stay together in american pie 2!!!

i'm getting to involved in movies here arnt i?

whoops

luv kinx
  • Options
    well im obsessed with that movie ive watched it about 5 times and was watchin it this evening! btw are they meant to be 16 or 18 coz i dont know what age americans leave high school!
  • Options
    wierd i've been watching it loads too, and its come up in another thread!!!!

i think 16-17, not sure, i dont really know!! lol

i wish i looked like the blonde one *vicky* thats all i know!
  • Options
    yeah im really jealous of her!! ok we should stop talking about this now coz we've gone way off the topic!! lol
  • Options
    Hehe, as one resident Yank, ill clue ya in. HS graduates are generally 18 years old. some exceptions exist to either side of that but generally its 18.
  • Options
    Originally posted by loopy loz
    don't u think tho that in american pie they had sex in a bit of a formal manner? i would rather it be more passionate than that. and no wonder it hurt, they didn't do any foreplay!!

yeah true they were a bit formal but i prefered the way they lost it then any of the others because they seemed to be the most caring for each other, and i'm not really thinking that my first time is going to be to passionate because i think ill be too worried about everything else like the pain and how i look !!:)
  • Options
    Gonna get flamed for this one.

Although I wouldn't say lose your virginity to just anyone and be sober when you do it.

Get on and lose it then you can get on with getting all the awarkard stuff out the way and go on to enjoying a good safe sex life.

I have never had a girlfriend who disagrees. Most of them regret waiting so long for it to be right which in the end it never was when you could have been enjoying yourself.
  • Options
    me and my boyfriend were talking about this on the phone last night - we're both 15 and we don't know whether to wait until we're 16 (he isn't until May!!) or do it b4 then seeing as we both wanna lose it to each other and if we wait we might not be going out by then.
    thanks for any help xx
  • Options
    hiya every1!
    im also 15 + have had sex with two different people! i lost my virginity at 13 while drunk it was also in a bush!hm nt very nice!bt i found it didn hurt atall mayb it was coz i cudn feel pain!the second time i had been going out with this boy for a month and really wanted sex!so we went to a house party and went in a room called "the meditation room"lol but i definatly am glad ive had sex!its sooo nice!and wudn waste time waiting for "the perfect moment" me and my boyf still have sex and it gets beta and beta every time!:D

luv *sxy bunny grl*xxx
  • Options
    This is my very first post, which is kind of appropriate seeing as I'm about to write about the the very first time I had sex.

It wasn't exactly what I'd always wanted if I'm honest. I always imagined "making love" with someone I loved a lot and he loved me equally, but this predictably didn't happen. Instead it was a drunken fumble under a table with some guy I didn't particuarly fancy but I felt as if I was in position where I had too. :rolleyes: Sadly, because I was desperate for a "proper" relationship to make me feel like I had actually lost my virginity to that special someone, I spent a lot of time chasing him and embarassing myself in the process, even though I didn't really fancy him. Now I look back and cringe at the thought of ever having shared bodily juices with this guy.

If you want to have sex, have sex. I wouldn't want to promote ignoring the age of consent, but neither will I support it as this would be extremely hypocritical seeing as I had already notched up seven lovers before I was sixteen. The point is though, (and I know this is a cliche) do it when you feel like it. If you love someone, then go for it. Don't let anyone pressurise you, but if you feel happy that it's what you want to do, go for it.

Good luck longboatkey and others, I hope you get your perfect first time. :)
  • Options
    I actually really enjoyed the first time I had sex. It was really good, and i got into it and was loved it!:D

I remember making a love potion for us both that night, (yes, he thought I was insane!) and it seemed to work! :crazyeyes :naughty:

Unfortunately the man in question was a complete nightmare. I was 19 at the time, and didn't care who it was with. I just wanted to get it over and done with to be honest.
  • Options
    Im still a virgin (Im only 14!) But loads of people my age have lost their virginity already and to them its just another thing now! I dont ever really want sex to get like that for me, because i want it to mean something, not just im bored lets do it!! I always thought (and still do i think!) that i want my first time to be perfect - both in love with eachother, taking it slow and making sure we care and all...but it has crossed my mind to 'do it' just quickley with someone, no build up just to get it out the way and then forget about it, and then wait until i really like someone for the next time and imagine thats my first time and forget about the other! did that make any sense? i only thought that because then i would have some experience for when i really like that person!! But I dont know any more, is there such thing as 'perfect sex?' And if there is, will it ever be perfect for me? DOUBT IT SOME HOW!! I think i'll just have to wait for the moment and if it feels right then go for it!!
  • Options
    im 18 and still a virgin! ive never really felt ready to have sex before now but ive been thinking about it a lot lately and i feel "ready" whatever that is! but i do want to have sex for the first time in a relationship and here comes the old cliche for it to be "special". i dont know im not saying he has to be the love of my life or anything...just someone who cares about me and who i care about as well. i just broke up with my boyfriend who i thought i would lose my virginity to. we hadnt really been seeing each other very long but..things were good (at least i thought they were..:( ) he was very understanding about me being a virgin and never tried to pressure me so..i guess i'll just wait until i meet someone with a similar positive attitude towards my virginity. i do think it sometimes puts guys off but..well im not exactly experienced!
  • Options
    You guys are making me feel bad. I know it shouldn't but being 19 and still a virgin is getting to me. I'm off to Uni on Tuesday and I dunno if I should just ignore it and have a laugh.

It's not as if I have never had the oportunity, it's just never been right.
  • Options
    i start uni on tuesday!:D i would ignore it! other people will only see it as a problem if you do! its a very personal thing and i dont think people have the right to judge you on it - and if they are worthwhile people they wont! just enjoy yourself!it'll happen! and heres hoping for me!! fingers crossed!:D
  • Options
    don't feel bad, at all. Just be yourself. If you've had the opportunity before and it didn't feel right, don't berate yourself for being a virgin, just hold off until it does. I regretted it so much when i lost my virginity that it put me off sex for 2 years, trust me - wait till it feels ok.
  • Options
    Originally posted by astleyfan
    i start uni on tuesday!

Where you at?
  • Options
    glasgow. u?
  • Options
    Reading

We are kinda getting well off topic here.

I shouldn't feel "out of it" because I've never had sex. And really it isn't an issue. I just feel imature, almost as if people can sense it and go "awww. he's a virgin, be gentle"
  • Options
    youre pretty far away!;) so anyway dont worry good luck and all that! why is losing your virginity such a big deal to so many people? just wondering. not saying its not a big deal to me. it is. its just why does everyone feel so pressured to "do it"?! ah well..:D
  • Options
    Personally, I shouldn't see it as an issue. The only part of me that does is the one that believes it matters to other people, like not wearing the wrong clothes... That is low I know but that is the way it is.

Coming to think about it I'm starting to worry a little more about not being in a situation where I COULD loose my virginity. My last long term relationship ended 2 years ago (almost to the day actually!) and since then I've not had anything serious enough to go the whole way. I'm kinda hoping uni might change that.
  • Options
    i know what you mean when you say it matters to you because of other people ..i feel kind of left out and young and...stupid sometimes!:eek: i dont really meet that many guys i get on really well with AND im attracted to. plus ive just been dumped (nothing too serious only seeing him a couple of months but still..sometimes it feels hopeless!)