Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sex + Being overweight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello there,

I am unfortunate enough to be a bit overweight which i am intending to do something about btw......
The thing is i cant seem to find a girlfreind or pull, ive had some girlfreinds in the past ( and im not a virgin :) )but not recently......

Ive started clubbing alot now but girls in clubs tend to go for looks then follow down to personality etc. I dont think im ugly its just the fact im overweight which i believe is causing the "rejection" thing.
Ive only ever had sex with one girl which is kind of starting to get to me :(

Is there any "uber" tips or advice anyone can give me?

cheers

Comments

• Options
    if you when your clubbing you spend the whole time worrying bout all that then you wont pull.

i am begining to get tired of the way people go for looks cause i've started to do it, i wont even think of talking to someone in a club enless i find 'em attractive, and i'm getting worse, it makes me wonder if all people are the same as me. If they are, i'll never pull again, i'm just not good enough.

This may sound silly, but maybe you should try concentrate on your best features, whatever they are, they can be sexy.
  • Options
    What about trying other ways of meeting people other that when out clubbing? What about the internet? That way you're getting to know people's personality first before looks and weight and stuff get in the way. It's the 21st Century way to date!

I think you sound like a really nice guy and when you find someone special then they'll be really lucky :)

PS - You should give love@lycos a go, when I was at college quite a few of my friends and I joined up with it, it's really good and 2 serious relationships came from there.
  • Options
    You really shouldn't be relying on clubbing to find a potential partner because like you say people are pretty shallow when they only want a quick snog!

The kind of girl you're going to cop off with whilst out clubbing might not be the right kind for a relationship anyway as you can never tell if you have anything in common.

Being a bit overweight wouldn't put me off, I know that. I have a really attractive male friend who is well beefy but he is really nice and has a gorgeous face. He's had a girlfriend for 8 years now!

I assure you that that there are many women who find larger blokes attractive. We're not all that shallow.

Edited to add: This was my 2000 post. Yippee. Double Uber!
  • Options
    I have a bit of a belly :o
    I used to be quit an over weight kid but im nortmallish now hmmm :(
    I did lose 2 stone last year but i put a beer/kebab belly on on holiday :eek: ealier this year.
    I wouldn't say i was fat but i'm not skinny or toned up either hmmmm.
  • Options
    Weight - not an issue !

Being overweight myself ! I am parra about stuff like wen I go out and wot not !

Be yourself, confidence is the key !

PS. Still single lol
  • Options
    A bit of a belly is nice :D
    As long as I don't get squashed everything is ok.
  • Options
    I know where your coming from I'm a chubby man myself.

Stop worring about it. (Yeah I know thats easy for me to say)

Forget pulling in the clubs go out there and enjoy yourself and just be freindly with all that come your way. It will set you in a good light. It's just not the right enrironment for you. Get on that dance floor and lose yourself to some heavy trance nothing like it for shedding a few pounds.

If you want to pull concentrate on it away from that scene be very genuine and a good listner. Just be light harted and friendly. Concentrate on making a friend first. It all takes more effort and pactince but the rewards will come.

Us chubby men have to try harder and thats what makes us winners in the long rung. Unfortunatly you may find that women don't come around to this kind of thinking till there a little older.

Also be confident and believe women want to be with you concentrate on the positives you have to give in your mind. Once you are convinced then it's easier to convince another.
  • Options
    haha being a girl that used to go out a lot (still do sorta) i will tell you most girls arent THAT concerned about looks yes of course every girl wants to pull the model but if a nice attractive guy takes the initiative to buy me a drink and dance with me..... im certianly not going to reject him.

dont expect some 6'2 big saline injected boob model type to go after you because chances are she's a bitch, and in her mind no one is as good looking as her. just go out have fun dance with girls get drunk..... dont go out expecting to pull, and you will.

PS my now bf is chubs, not HUGE but he's not a rock hard body or anything frankly i love it! his imperfections make me feel like i dont have to be absolutely perfect all the time, its nice to feel like that.