Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Housing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Ok well my bf isnt technically a student (hes 19) but i didnt really know where else to put this.

He is looking to buy a place of his own because he has been renting for a year and its a waste of money when it could be put on a morgage. He is looking for a one bedroom flat,house, or whatever for up to 80 grand but he cant get one.

Ive looked over the internet for him with no such luck. Is there an kinda special websites etc that i can look at to find more affordable properties for students etc or somethings? I dont really know what kind of help i want with this really but there must be properties for lower than that money coz its rediculus?! i live in Hertforshire by the way

Thanx:D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The short answer is no! Students are generally too poor to even consider buying houses, so while they may find cheaper rent, there isn't really a market for student property to buy. Your bf should go down to his bank/ building society and have a chat with a mortgage advisor, as well as picking up the housing supplement of your local paper, and getting on mailing lists for estate agents in the area.

TheSite's articles

The guardian's mortgage advice