Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Weight

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks to everyone whos answered, and for the encouragement. I'm feeling a lot better about it now.:)
    Guys It aint all about the weight its about who u r inside! When i left school i was 5'10 34C chest and a size 10! After i started college i put on over 4 stone and my boobs grew to 40ddand to tell you the truth I got more attention as a size 18 than i did at a size 10!! I recently found out (on friday actually) that the reason i put on weight was probally as i have polycystic ovaries! Since this time last year thou i have lost 30lbs which is over two stone. I havent been "dieting" as such just cut out some carbs and started swimming (although i actually started swimming to help my ashma).
    And my BMI is like 28-30 and I have been told by my doctor as long as i am eating right and taking enough exercise then it is fine....as because of the PCOS I probally wont lose the weight and it will take longer to shift....ANd I gotta tell ya I still get the lads after me even thou i am a big girl!!!
    Originally posted by Thefairmelissa

Since I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries just about a year ago

Hey melissa the docs said thats probally what I have got and have got to have tests to find out....I might need to ask you some questions about PCOS if u dont mind (dependeding on how the tests come back). Cause I mean I have read the doctors stuff off the net but would kindda like a human view. Is that cool with you? :confused::confused:
    thanks hunny xx