Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

should i or not?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, hi everyone, i did have a look at the F.A., but culdnt find anythign to help me apart form facts, i would like a personal opinion from someone.
Ok here's my problem or decision that i have to make. I have been with my boyfriend for 4 months and we are really close. He treats me well and respects my feelings. As we are so close we have shared alot with eachother, we are v. intimate and i know i love him and he loves me. I am 15 (only 6 months unitl im legal) and this is my first proper relationship, but it feels so right. I know he wants to have sex and i do too, but im too scared because of the risks involved, its all ok, going to the doctors and gettin the pill and using a condom but i can't go to the doctors with out mum finding out and if i do go and get the pill she is likely to find them. Its really hard, and although i have explained this to my boyfriend, i feel liek im letting him down, there is no pressure on me at all and he is quite happy to wait, but im not sure i am. I really want to share this with ym boyfriend but dont know what to do, can anyone help me, maybe someone who has been inthe same situation or anyone who has also had these doubts. Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go to the doctor, or if you feel uncomfortable find out where your nearest FP clinic is. The whole thing is entirely confidential. Explain to your b/f, he will understand. Don't worry. ;)
    Your Mum wouldn't know if you'd been to the Doctor unless you told her & surely you could hide your pills in an ingenious place? Alternatively, just use condoms.

And may I congratulate you on your fantastic attitude? I don't mean to be patronising but we don't get many newbies like you round here :D

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do
    thankyou, kinky red! i dont quite know what you mean but any way sounded quite good what you said!! Thanks, i trust my b/f and i know he would be careful but im jus scared that no matter how careful we are that something will happen and i will regret it! tahnsk for the replies.
    You certainly have the right idea. Get yourself on the pill, wait for your hormones to calm down & if you're still a bit wary, ask him to use a condom. That way you'll have nothing to regret. Just relax and enjoy :D
    oh i get you know Kinky red! Yeh i will have to decide and discuss with my b/f, the pro's and cons and decide if this is what we both want, i have to say i believe that this kind of thing shoudln be shared with someone you love not just any old person so, aswell as deciding on how i will go about it, i will have to really make sure he is the one. Thanks for your advice