Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sarina Williams (sp???)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Am i the only one that thought her kit last night on the US open was completely disgusting. I am not being rude towards her or anything but the camera zoomed in on her a couple of times and with what she was wearing you could see through it and her bum was wobbling so much. I mean there should be dress regulations, Or she should wear a skirt.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: Sarina Williams (sp???)
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    Am i the only one that thought her kit last night on the US open was completely disgusting. I am not being rude towards her or anything but the camera zoomed in on her a couple of times and with what she was wearing you could see through it and her bum was wobbling so much. I mean there should be dress regulations, Or she should wear a skirt.

There are dress regulations for some events. Wimbledon for example. Other events are newer and don't have the heritage to lean back, so relax the rules to seem more "with it".
  • Options
    I saw a picture in the paper and I thought it looked good on her! Why not let people where what they want?
  • Options
    She is a minger and hence should be forced to cover up, however if that rule were inforced it would have to apply to everyone, including Anna, who should be allowed to compete naked if she desires, so all things considered I'd allow her to wear what she wants, as long as she doesn't get too offensive, which in her case isn't hard.
  • Options
    Oh, so shes not stick thin so obviously she shoud be told what to wear. I can see how you weren't being rude.:rolleyes:
    At the end of the day, shes obviously comfortable in what shes wearing, so why should she change?
  • Options
    The fact is that she looks like a man. I think she should only wear revealing outfits if Sampras, Agassi, Henman and co start doing so. Until then, she should cover up.

If you're strong, you're successful at tennis, if you're good looking, you ain't (usually). She can't have it both ways.
  • Options
    Yeh she needs to cover up, as said before, she isn't nothing to look at. Anna Kournkova any day but thats just my oppinion.:D

What about mens tennis. They have very strict dress rules. Not long ago a player was told that he couldn't wear a sleevless shirt! WTF eh! :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by Matthew82
    The fact is that she looks like a man. I think she should only wear revealing outfits if Sampras, Agassi, Henman and co start doing so. Until then, she should cover up.

If you're strong, you're successful at tennis, if you're good looking, you ain't (usually). She can't have it both ways.

She has broad shoulders, but have you seen the size of her breasts? Doesn't look much like a man to me.

I actually think Serena is very attractive. And I wouldn't say her arse was wobbling at all - it's all muscle everywhere as far as I can see.

I'm not sure her choice of outfit was that flattering, but I do think she's very attractive.
  • Options
    AMAZING

Well, I am amazed that this is what it comes to...the way a person looks and dresses is more important than the way they play their chosen sport.

She is an athlete and she is built like an athlete...remember when Lindsay Davenport first started, they said she was too big the same with Mauresmo.

Why not post something about the way she played or the winning shot instead of criticising her dress code?

ps this is the sport and fitness thread...not fashion thread...yes??
  • Options
    I don't think anyone would say that she can't play, far from it. But that outfit was minging and detracted from her play, which is kind of what this thread proves.

Perhaps if she hadn't turned the event into a fashion show, no-one would have commented...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    I don't think anyone would say that she can't play, far from it. But that outfit was minging and detracted from her play, which is kind of what this thread proves.

Perhaps if she hadn't turned the event into a fashion show, no-one would have commented...

That's as I was about to say. She was inviting comments and attention by wearing such an outfit. It was designed to increase her profile, so why shouldn't we comment on it?

There's really nothing to say about her tennis, because she's so good.
  • Options
    When i started this topic it was aimed at the fact that tehre should be a dress code - there is for wimbledon, The clothes she was wearing was very revealing, I AM NOT SAYING SHE IS FAT, just stating that the outfit did her no favours as the camera was practically pointed at her arse the whole match.

She is a great player BUT the clothes should be under some sort of a dress code your right it is sport not a fashion show so why did she wear what she did - anything but some tight and revealing body suit would be more comfortable! If she is trying to impress people it is not working other people wear shirts she wore some reavealing ugly body costume that went up her arse!
  • Options
    Re: AMAZING
    Originally posted by cutie

ps this is the sport and fitness thread...not fashion thread...yes??

Yes this is the sport and fitness FORUM in case you aint realised we dont have a Fashion one :rolleyes:

And it was about sport and how certain sports should have a dress code, What next footballers with no top and a coloured sash and lycra shorts how many would moan then????
  • Options
    hmmm I wonder...was there this much uproar on this site when Anna Kournikova wore her little shorts and top in a grand slam tournament...from what I can remember the camera was trained on her arse (as it was so delicately put previously) the whole match as well!
  • Options
    it's serena not sarina!!!

ok, I see where you guys are coming from...I am a tennis player and I agree with you...serena looks very much like a man except for her boobs...that's what makes her strong though, but personally I hate the fact that such a manlike girl is world's no.1...her tennis game is all based on power...she's not using much of a brain, I can tell when i watch her matches...but anyway...yes, she is way too bulky to wear that...but on the other hand, let's face it...she's BLACK...and black chics have little bit more meat on them then white people...and black guys like big ghetto bootie...so I think some guys prolly are watching her match jerking off in front off the tv...and some other guys do the same when anna is playing.and one more thing...mathew82 said that either you have to have muscles and be good at tennis or be pretty and lean and not be good at sports...excuse me??anna kournikova is pretty, I am pretty, and we're both pretty good tennis players!!!