Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Thieves!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi everyone, just back from my latest Inter Railing adventure...

This may be a bit late for this year, but I feel it's still a good opportunity to post some wise advice for everyone.

During my trip, my rucksack was stolen on a late night train from Prague - despite being strapped to my person and with padlocks securing the pocket containing my ticket, passport etc. Of course I also lost my personal belongings including camera and CDs. I had no alternative but to stay in Prague for a week while I obtained a new passport, and found someone to wire some more money out to me - good job I like the city!! :(:(

So please, if you're travelling TAKE CARE. If you must travel late at night, try and keep awake; watch who you talk to; and make sure you have appropriate insurance cover for yourself and your things. Don't ignore the warnings about thieves that you may see posted.

Oh and just in case the scum who took the stuff reads this, you might care to return the SmartCard with my photos on it - you can keep the rest for your trouble!! :mad: :mad:

There are some useful tips at www.thesite.org/magazine/specials_travel/
Post edited by JustV on